Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I decided to try some modifications to the exterior of my 307.
I've successfully removed the emblem, and the Peugeot and the 307. But I'm now left with an outline as you can see from the image below.

I used petrol to remove the 3 parts, and they all came off with ease along with the residue that held the badges on.
I now need to get rid of the outline and make it all look shiny.

Any tips?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've gave it a polish with Turtle Wax Color Magic but it's not budged. I know it sounds silly, but I've tried WD40, Isopropyl alcohol and Turps. But non have budged it.

·
11,873 Posts
Wd40 on a cloth, or tar spot remover. You need to be softening up the glue before removing rather than polishing it off.

Quickly followed by lots of rinsing with soapy water before it damages the paintwork.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wd40 on a cloth, or tar spot remover. You need to be softening up the glue before removing rather than polishing it off.

Quickly followed by lots of rinsing with soapy water before it damages the paintwork.
I've tried the wd40 and gave it a good scrub, but it's didn't do much. I've just gave it a scrub with my polish and it's made it look a lot better, but still noticeable in sunlight. Just waiting on dad to get back and I'll go pick some t-cut up.

P

·
0 Posts
Silly as it sounds, but what about being really careful with a fibre glass pen? You'd have to go slow so as just to take the glue off though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The glue seems to be off, it's like pure grime that's built up around the badge. So it's given it a shadow. It's the grime I need to get off so it goes back to the original paintwork. I was thinking carb cleaner or something? My local hasn't got any t-cut, they don't stock it anymore. Just been to book tracking in £20, cheap that!

·
Registered
741 Posts
T-Cut should sort it - had the same situation when I took the badges off my 306 back in the day.
It's not that there's stuff on the paint still, just that the top layer of paint is dull. T-Cut (or similar) will remove the dead layer and the outline should go away.:thumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Failing all of this, there is a tool specifically designed for this kind of thing - get a stripe removal wheel (sometimes referred to as a caramac wheel) from a bodyshop supply place - it fits on a drill and it's entire purpose in life is to remove the glue residue from badges and stripes down the sides of cars....

and voila...

STRIPE REMOVAL WHEEL RUBBER CARAMAC WHEEL | eBay

Beware, if you hold it on one spot too long it can and will burn thru the lacquer/paint but used sensibly, it's ideal.... The item this link goes to is long gone but it should bring up a load of alternatives...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Failing all of this, there is a tool specifically designed for this kind of thing - get a stripe removal wheel (sometimes referred to as a caramac wheel) from a bodyshop supply place - it fits on a drill and it's entire purpose in life is to remove the glue residue from badges and stripes down the sides of cars....

and voila...

STRIPE REMOVAL WHEEL RUBBER CARAMAC WHEEL | eBay

Beware, if you hold it on one spot too long it can and will burn thru the lacquer/paint but used sensibly, it's ideal.... The item this link goes to is long gone but it should bring up a load of alternatives...
Brilliant, I'm gonna look for a smaller version of these because I have a small dremel.
The ingredient that's in the t-cut just reminds me of some of the things my girlfriend puts on her hair... I nearly passed out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts