Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a Peugeot 307cc 04 place its done 55k miles I bought from a garage last year and since then (fortunately I did take out the RAC warrenty) I have done the following:

1. new clutch
2. air pump
3. back exhaust
4. steering
5. wheel bearing
7. roof modules
8. 4 new tyres
9. Timing belt

and today they say I need a new fuse box. Is there anything else that can possibly go do I get rid or hang on to it??? If I get rid can anyone recommend a reliable make.

Getting very fed up with peugeot they have also put up the price of the diagnostics to £80.00. I have a new mechanic whose houry rate is lower but still it feels like it is always in the garage. i had a 206cc before and that was not as bad and a 206 before that which never needed anything.

sam :(

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
What faults have arisen for them to say fuse box?

If you do decide to get rid, i would choose a ford focus any day. but im going to slap my own wrists for mentioning that on a peugeot forum :lol:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
A Peugeot 307? Unreliable? Yep sounds about right.

I was in the same position earlier this year - I kept the car on the basis that so many parts had been replaced it was virtually a new car.

Fingers crossed it now seems to be behaving itself.

I've owned a few Vauxhalls and have been pleased with their reliability. Not sure about the new models - but if you go for a mk4 Astra, petrol, you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Webwitch,why would you be paying £80 a pop for diagnostics when theres plenty of people on here that would help you a for the price of a beer. Take a look at the planet map and see if anyones near you that could help you out.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Webwitch,why would you be paying £80 a pop for diagnostics when theres plenty of people on here that would help you a for the price of a beer. Take a look at the planet map and see if anyones near you that could help you out.
probably because thats his first post and he doesn't even know planet exists....:thumb:

·
11,873 Posts
I think we need a sticky or notification for noobs, asking them to put their location in their profile, details of Pug Planet owners, along with a "common faults" sticky at the top of each car section, detailing the fault, fix and associated thread. I'm happy to to the Mk 1 307 one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts