Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living at the end of an almost 2 mile long and exceptionally muddy country lane I am fed up to the back teeth with having to keep pressure washing the mud off the sills!

As the front wings and rear bumper/vallance are all plastic I don't think they would be strong enough to hold any of the clamp on variety of aftermarket mud flaps and the Peugeot pod type sill extensions do not look capable of stopping any kind of large dollops of mud...................... So anyone out there, do you know of any good quality flaps that work really well at stopping large dollops of crud?

·
Registered
253 Posts
As long as you are not rallying up this lane, the proper genuine Peugeot styled mud flaps should do the job but don't get the flaps with the model badges on.

Just try them as you have got nothing to lose and they will keep most of the crud off the sills trouble is if you have to turn the wheels they tend to spray up just underneath especially if you have to pull over to let another vehicle pass.

I take it you also get fed up with getting your trousers dirty when getting in and out of the vehicle? So I do see your point. Annoying. :(

The modern car these days are designed on looking good and don't like having accessories added. I had a VW a few years ago and put flaps on and they kept grounding out due to the OE spec sports suspension fitted. :eek:

One member has put just the front ones on to stop the road grit/salt getting into his back axle components. :thumb:

Failing that you could cut and make fit HGV/trailer spray suppression flaps. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

Yes I will look into buying some of the Peugeot branded flaps, I was just trying to keep costs down.
I am still worried about clamping them onto a plastic wing though!:nono:

·
Registered
253 Posts
A little tip here:-

Pop up to your local breakers and hopefully there will be some Pugs laid up with the flaps fitted.

You will then get an idea how there are fitted and what fixings are used.

Me personally have managed to get OE spec accessories from breakers for all sorts of models and at a fraction of the cost. Car mats are my favourite. :D

Again I do see your point about these plastic wings fitted to these modern cars nowadays. :eek:

I'am sure there are number of washers and cage nuts and self tapping screws that hold these very securely in place and normally the stronger part of the body framework is used between the inner arch liners.

Let us know how you get on. :thumb:

·
Registered
687 Posts
For the OEM ones, the front ones basically screw onto the wheel arch trims with the main anchoring point being the arch plug that attaches to the sill just behind the front wheels. The rear ones use U clips with small grub screws to fit onto the rear bumper.

They've made a huge difference to the amount of crap getting sprayed on he underside of the car and I'm pleased that I fitted them......recommended :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts