Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 2 liter HDi a noisy engine?

My one seems to be quite diesel sounding but if you keep accelerating hard it suddenly goes quieter about 3100 rpm.

·
5,884 Posts
What diesel do you use Sainsbury's City diesel so i am told sounds noisier than others due to high bio content.

You can also some times here chatter from pre-injection and injection operation of injectors. The change from around 3000 rpm onward is that around 3000 rpm pre-injection no longer occurs as there is no time for it.

Has car been remapped as sometimes a poor remap can cause more pronounced diesel rattle/knock

·
5,884 Posts
Could also be a spot of rocker wear at that mileage, some people say they do wear. Mine has done near on 240K and is still quite, I have however serviced on the button every 12000 miles and always use Mobil 1 and OEM oil filter

May also be worth throwing a couple of tanks on V-Power diesel in it, The high level of additives etc in it make it a good injector cleaner without the risk of damaging injectors. I use it every now and then and only use branded fuel the rest of the time

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine has nearly 200,000 on the clock and has had a hard life, ( previous owners )but replacement engine mounts,a new clutch and synthetic oil have made a big difference. Plus,new gearbox oil when I did the clutch have made the engine a lot quieter.

I have noticed it seems a bit more "tappy" when the weather is colder? But I just ignore it now.It uses very little oil between 6000 mile changes..

·
Registered
599 Posts
Mine sometimes as a lot of resonance, at low revs the engine causes vibrations on the whole car. Sometimes though, it's really really serene.

I suspect either engine mounts, or DMF/clutch...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car does resonate at tickover which is annoying. As soon as you raise the revs slightly the resonating goes away lol.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Every car is rougher in lower revs, but mine is either serene (as much as possible) on lower revs and higher ones, or rough as hell in idle, and that vibration propagates through the car at least until 2200 rpm...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts