Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got a new battery for my '04 plate 307 (petrol, 1388cc, hatchback) and topped it up with oil before going for a spin. For the first time since I got it (11 months ago) it suddenly has very little acceleration power. Seemingly going through nearly dead zones on the rev counter before picking up again.

Then within minutes the engine management light started flashing and said catalytic converter fault. The anti-pollution message has beeped at me almost every day (the garage I bought it from took it back and replaced the lambda sensor twice and then apparently the cat itself, which still didn't fix that fault).

At idle the car is very 'jumpy' now and at every speed it's much noisier than when I first got it (almost like a diesel engine).

Then today I got stuck in traffic and it got to max engine coolant temp limits and was shouting at me about that too.

Is all this related? If I get the coil pack and new spark plugs like I've seen suggested for the cat fault, will it fix the overheating, the noisy engine, the kangaroo effect at idle as well as the lack of acceleration?

Or should I just cut my losses and sell the damn thing for being more trouble than it's worth?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Gibbo, I've carried out the process and taken it for a short spin and the acceleration seems better and the cat fault didn't light up. Just the anti-pollution warning still.

The kangaroo jumps weren't as noticable at idle, but I'll take it out for a proper spin tomorrow to check that the overheating thing is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts