Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 407 sw 1.6 HDI

Hello to all!!
I dont know if they are all like mine but here it goes. My electrics like radio windows etc only works with the car running. if i try to turn on the radio with ig. on goes to economy mode....(i read has something to do with the bat ....well its new....) ...
Do i have to change any settings??!!! with DIagbox??!!
Many Thanks to all

·
2,777 Posts
Hi..I would start by checking the charging rate and check the battery capacity...a poorly charged new battery is as bad as an old battery....the car goes to economy mode when the battery voltage/capacity drops to a certain level...cant be adjusted either....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi..I would start by checking the charging rate and check the battery capacity...a poorly charged new battery is as bad a an old battery....the car goes to economy mode when the battery voltage/capacity drops to a certain level...cant be adjusted either....
I will do. Many Thanks

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
You dont need the ignition on for radio you just press the power button on the radio and it goes on and since you dont have everything else on too it will last longer before going into economy mode !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You dont need the ignition on for radio you just press the power button on the radio and it goes on and since you dont have everything else on too it will last longer before going into economy mode !
Thats why i started the post. Because i turn it on and it goes to econ mode. Thats why i though if there was something wrong with mine..
Many thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why i started the post. Because i turn it on and it goes to econ mode. It shows the Peugeot logo, probably is booting,When it shows the aircon. setup (i have mine with aircon and trip) the message of goingo to econ mode shows and it turns it self off. Thats why i though if there was something wrong with mine..
Many thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
]
You say in your post you put ignition on to turn radio on you dont need ignition on that's part of the issue
Im sorry maybe i explain in a wrong way. The only way i can have radio, windows is with the car running. other wise nothing happens. even when you turn the ignition just for the checks or pre ignition if you prefer

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
]

Im sorry maybe i explain in a wrong way. The only way i can have radio, windows is with the car running. other wise nothing happens. even when you turn the ignition just for the checks or pre ignition if you prefer

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
You simply push in the power button on the radio with ignition OFF and radio comes on you ONLY get the radio so the car will stay out of economy mode for longer modern peugeots dont have an accessory position on the ignition its just on off and start thats it radio will work with ignition OFF

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many Thanks.
But thats the exact problem. It should work with the car off.....but mine. I press power the radio boots and then goes to economy mode and shuts off!!!
SO i assume that the windows only work with the car running?!
Thank You

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
When you say windows do you mean the screen is it a sat nav system if so these need much more power to boot up so best to have engine running with these

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you say windows do you mean the screen is it a sat nav system if so these need much more power to boot up so best to have engine running with these
It is a sat nav one.....but even so when it boots....goes to economy mode and shuts off

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Sat nav units draw a lot of current at boot up so either your battery is tired or its not getting fully charged but i recon this is going to happen anyway due to current draw

1 - 15 of 15 Posts