Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to share my feedback in using Archoil AR6400-D MAX Professional Diesel Engine, Turbo, DPF & CAT Cleaner Concentrate in our 2013 Peugeot 308sw 1.6 eHDI.

This car bought used in August 2019 with FSH, 114,000 miles and one company owner.

I have been using Millers Diesel Power Ecomax in every tankful since mid January and I have noted increased fuel economy, regardless of branded or supermarket regular diesel. Also the engine felt more responsive.

350 miles ago I decided to try this Archoil ' every 5,000 miles' treatment on as close to a full tank as possible, and not adding Miller's.

I was a little sceptical before but after approx 200 miles I felt the engine was breathing better and was more muscular in its delivery with greatly improved midrange performance.
Also, hills that had needed a change down previously were now taken without fuss.
Throttle response much improved too.

I'm seriously impressed!!

I never drove this car new so have no idea how it was then, but since our ownership this is the best it's ever driven.

Engine noise is unchanged to my ear, not that I thought it was noisy (for a diesel) beforehand.

Economy is I think probably better but I've reveled in the increased midrange and consequently given it the beans far more regularly...

So impressed I have just ordered (bank holiday 25% discounted..) the Archoil AR6900-D Max Advanced Diesel Fuel Synthesis which is the Millers 'use every tankful' equivalent, but with the promo not much more for a litre than for 500ml of Millers from Halfords. Same mixing ratio, so this will treat 1,000 litres.

At my next fill I'll be using this in the same way as Millers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I finish the Millers I'll decant half of the new Archoil into that bottle as the spout is better for the 308 filler IMHO

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought this because it was on 25% discount, so 1.7p per litre treated.

I may well buy the same as you & Gibbo when I get towards the end of 1,000 litres of treated diesel :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts