Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After trying again unsuccessfully to get my dealer to update my maps ( something i will try myself in a few weeks ) i decided to try the Car play and the Apple maps , and i have to say that in my opinion they are superior to the 3008 sat nav maps , if i had known about the trouble with the updates for the maps with my car i may have gone elsewhere for my new car purchase , i point i will be making to Peugeot HQ after my dealers get the other small problem with my car sorted out next week !!:p:mad:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry, do you mean they refused or they weren't capable / successful?

I don't know why many manufacturers still implement their 'own' system rather than just integrating into better systems via Android Auto or Apply Car Play.

A bewildering situation arose with Mistubishi, I was looking at the Outlander PHEV a few months ago, where their entry level trim (Juro?) has Android Auto (great!) but as you go up the trim levels it disappears and is replaced by their own navigation, which is not so good... I said to them "you realise that's a downgrade, right?" and the Salesman nodded, morosely.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, do you mean they refused or they weren't capable / successful?

I don't know why many manufacturers still implement their 'own' system rather than just integrating into better systems via Android Auto or Apply Car Play.

A bewildering situation arose with Mistubishi, I was looking at the Outlander PHEV a few months ago, where their entry level trim (Juro?) has Android Auto (great!) but as you go up the trim levels it disappears and is replaced by their own navigation, which is not so good... I said to them "you realise that's a downgrade, right?" and the Salesman nodded, morosely.
Hi Hippogriff , they said quite plainly that there were no updates for the maps ! what makes it worse is that Apple maps sees a new roundabout in my area , but the car sat nav does not , the mind boggles !!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is the most recent version published somewhere you can reference? On this forum, probably, or on some Peugeot website? Or can you get a screenshot of someone's car (again, probably from here) showing a version that is superior to yours?

Or, is is even possible you are on the latest and greatest?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the most recent version published somewhere you can reference? On this forum, probably, or on some Peugeot website? Or can you get a screenshot of someone's car (again, probably from here) showing a version that is superior to yours?

Or, is is even possible you are on the latest and greatest?
As to what version i am on , it is 3.0 something and the latest are 5.0 something , so mine is well out of date

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
As to what version i am on , it is 3.0 something and the latest are 5.0 something , so mine is well out of date
Go to my topic Joe 'Quick Links'. You will find the latest version numbers there.
If you can't wait, here they are:-

Latest Software Versions:
Maps
As of 30 June 2017
Maps: V.5.0.1-r0 (27/06/2017)

Software
As of 17 May 2017
Software: V.21.05.78.22_NAC-r0
As of 01 August 2017
Software: V.21.05.82.12_NAC-r0
As of 04 August 2017 (Removed 05 Aug)
Software: V.21-05-90-42_NAC-r1

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to my topic Joe 'Quick Links'. You will find the latest version numbers there.
If you can't wait, here they are:-

Latest Software Versions:
Maps
As of 30 June 2017
Maps: V.5.0.1-r0 (27/06/2017)

Software
As of 17 May 2017
Software: V.21.05.78.22_NAC-r0
As of 01 August 2017
Software: V.21.05.82.12_NAC-r0
As of 04 August 2017 (Removed 05 Aug)
Software: V.21-05-90-42_NAC-r1
Thanks for that Paul , dealer said yesterday my maps did not need updated as the screen said " no updates " , sent a message to Peugeot couple minutes ago with another complaint , my Apple maps can see a roundabout completed six months ago , but the car satnav does not , it is a disgrace that the UK version of My Peugeot website does not have the updates for UK customers !!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks for that Paul , dealer said yesterday my maps did not need updated as the screen said " no updates " , sent a message to Peugeot couple minutes ago with another complaint , my Apple maps can see a roundabout completed six months ago , but the car satnav does not , it is a disgrace that the UK version of My Peugeot website does not have the updates for UK customers !!
Yep.... totally feel for you Joe.
It's 'Mike' btw.
Paul is Beau :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
OK Mike , just back in from the garden after beating my head against a brick wall....now where did i put that bottle of Grouse ??
No problem Joe.
I often forget my own name after a bottle of Grouse. :D

Okay, Paul...... I've found the sign :topic:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts