Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my recent problem is the carplay just suddenly stopped working. I have a 2020 e 208 Black Edition.

It used to work, and I haven't changed the cable (read that it's important to use an apple original cable). So that is the same.

What caused the issue was this. I was just about to park and before I shut the car down, I changed some settings. More exactly the function under comfort -> locking/unlocking main door. As you can see in the picture, it's turned off. When I turned it on, my carplay suddenly shut down. Since then it hasn't been working. I tried turning it back off, but still the same issue. The other pictures shows how the phone is connected (bluetooth working fine, but as you can see, can't detect USB even though it's on). When I try to press the navigation button, I get the error message on the first picture. That is the message I get when no phone is connected. Now I get it all the time, even with my phone connected. When Carplay used to work, pressing that button would get me to the Carplay interface.

Anyone with similar experience?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just to be sure, you are using the traditional USB-port on the car which is the only one to support Apple Carplay?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to be sure, you are using the traditional USB-port on the car which is the only one to support Apple Carplay?
Yes.

Everything worked perfectly fine until I changed that specific setting in the comfort menu. Haven't changed the cable, USB port etc. I have tried another cable now and still same issue.

I have also tried reseting to factory settings, same issue.

Tomorrow I will try to reinstall the latest version of the software, se if that helps anything.

Other than that, I don't know what to try.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could try to reconnect the phone from bluetooth also?
EDIT: Does the MyPeugeot App work (well, as "good" as it even can)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done that. Bluetooth works fine. I can play music via bluetooth and sometimes the phone connects as an ipod (music through USB cable). It's just the carplay that's bugging.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is probably a stupid idea but hey! :) Check the lightning connector for dirt? Use a toothpick if there is something in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So my recent problem is the carplay just suddenly stopped working. I have a 2020 e 208 Black Edition.

It used to work, and I haven't changed the cable (read that it's important to use an apple original cable). So that is the same.

What caused the issue was this. I was just about to park and before I shut the car down, I changed some settings. More exactly the function under comfort -> locking/unlocking main door. As you can see in the picture, it's turned off. When I turned it on, my carplay suddenly shut down. Since then it hasn't been working. I tried turning it back off, but still the same issue. The other pictures shows how the phone is connected (bluetooth working fine, but as you can see, can't detect USB even though it's on). When I try to press the navigation button, I get the error message on the first picture. That is the message I get when no phone is connected. Now I get it all the time, even with my phone connected. When Carplay used to work, pressing that button would get me to the Carplay interface.

Anyone with similar experience?

View attachment 91778 View attachment 91779 View attachment 91780
HI yes I had same problem for weeks.
Solved it today, just go into your iPhone settings go to reset and choose network reset. It took 2 minutes and it started working immediately afterwards.

make sure you only choose “network reset” no other type of reset!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tip. I made it work in another way.

I read that some cars have wireless carplay and you activate it while holding the "voice" button on the steering wheel. Wireless didn't work with my car but it did however solve my issue. The car detected my phone again and now it works when I plug in with the USB cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I made it work in another way.

I read that some cars have wireless carplay and you activate it while holding the "voice" button on the steering wheel. Wireless didn't work with my car but it did however solve my issue. The car detected my phone again and now it works when I plug in with the USB cable.
Yh I tried the holding the voice button down but it did absolutely nothing. I have a brand new 2008, it had 3 miles on the clock when I picked it up, within an hour the icon button with the 4 squares on it stopped working completely, then the skip button on the steering wheel did not skip the track it just started repeating the same song. And if I skipped backwards it went forwards. Then when I tried to activate CarPlay it44; for just kept showing the photos icon nothing else. Totally erroneous. Then last week all the button froze whilst the heater was on full so I had the heater on full every time I drove all day.
Had to do another factory reset which turned everything yellow and changed the language to Spanish which was amusing senõr!
Yh so I’m currently waiting for a brand new 308 which they are going to swap for the 2008,
There’s my story so far! Funny how a brand new car can go so wrong so quickly, other than that it’s a bit gutless but it’s a lovely car to drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yh I tried the holding the voice button down but it did absolutely nothing. I have a brand new 2008, it had 3 miles on the clock when I picked it up, within an hour the icon button with the 4 squares on it stopped working completely, then the skip button on the steering wheel did not skip the track it just started repeating the same song. And if I skipped backwards it went forwards. Then when I tried to activate CarPlay it44; for just kept showing the photos icon nothing else. Totally erroneous. Then last week all the button froze whilst the heater was on full so I had the heater on full every time I drove all day.
Had to do another factory reset which turned everything yellow and changed the language to Spanish which was amusing senõr!
Yh so I’m currently waiting for a brand new 308 which they are going to swap for the 2008,
There’s my story so far! Funny how a brand new car can go so wrong so quickly, other than that it’s a bit gutless but it’s a lovely car to drive.
Wow well in that case, I don't envy you :)

This is the first software issue I've had and I consider it minor (and that I can live with). The car itself, I'm quite pleased with it so far (only driven 1000 km so far).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts