Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've just picked up a second hand smartTOP which I'll be fitting to a 2008 307CC 2.0 HDI 136.
Has anyone used one of these?
I guess I'll be able to answer my own questions once I get it installed, but I was mainly wondering whether it has the ability to override an active economy mode when using the remote to open/close the roof or windows.
Other than plugging directly into the harness for the roof controller, it has one red wire which is to be connected via a T tap to the beige wire coming from the controller - I have high hopes that this will supply power to the motors via the SmartTop even when the economy mode has kicked in.
But I could be wrong.
Anyone know for sure?
I can't add links until I've made more posts, but Google smartTOP if you have no idea what I'm talking about...

Cheers,
Dave.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Eco Mode cuts off ALL none essential electrical cicuits when it kicks in. Frome reading posts from people with CC's it appears thata the roof is not considered an essential circuit as they could not close the roof because they could not start the engine and the car had gone into eco mode.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Received it yesterday, fitted it today.
Took around 15 minutes to fit it. Having the boot light on whilst fitting it triggered our old friend Economy Mode. However...
...it works perfectly every time, from my living room using the key buttons I can put the windows and/or roof up, down, up, down, up, down, oops I'd better stop it now.
It completely ignores Economy Mode :lol:
£105 well spent just for the giggle factor. I just hope the novelty wears off before I really do flatten the battery. Better go for a drive...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts