Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2009 308cc 2.0 HDI 16V 140bhp RHF
122 Posts
Have you plugged in to check fault codes? If it is can related I’m sure there would be a fault code there. Also when installing software I had to enable visualisation in bios. To run the VMware. Try it first as yours may already be activated.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No fault codes showing at all.
Not having much luck downloading those big VM files, will now try a different browser. It crashed the machine before saving the file.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Firefox kept crashing for me, I download Microsoft edge. Downloaded first time

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now using Opera, working fine.

But some confusion now on the wiring diagram you posted. Looking on our 2008, the left headlight connector has 7 wires, including the 2 earths. The right hand one has 6 wires. The diagram only shows 5 wires including the 2 earths.
Oh what fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok let’s go back to the beginning so if you have low voltage for your dip beam is your dip beam dull?

·
7,239 Posts
99% of models with normal halogen bulbs the power is switched (and monitored for bulb failure) by the BSM. The BSM is switch by CAN signal from Comms unit/BSI. The wiring from the BSM to headlights is standard with single wires for each filament and a earth return via shared loom earth point on each inner wing.

I have not checked checked voltages at headlamp connectors and can't check on my car as it has OEM Xenon's . Maybe if you have bulb failure detection on your car the voltage is regulated closer to normal 12V values irrespective of battery voltage as part of the detection circuitry

·
7,239 Posts
The extra wires may be for headlamp levelling which is on another diagram, the only time you can be 100% on any connector is to double click the connector in Sedre so it shows all the connections

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Headlight levelling is a seperate unit on the back of the light.
There is a relay in the main beam supply direct from the battery plus fuses. Main beam voltage is close to battery volts, dip is much lower, almost 2 volts lower.

The dip is not that bright and I was considering changing to the Nightbreaker bulbs. But in another topic in this section, that was tried, and due to the low voltage, the nightbreaker bulbs were no better.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I tried to find a chart of light output against supply voltage to show just how much light is lost for a 2 volt drop. Unfortunately Google seems to assume all light bulbs are LED.

I have seen a chart before, and you lose something like 25% of the light for this sort of voltage drop.

·
7,239 Posts
What voltage do you have at the dip fuse as this should be on the front end of the BSM relay and associated bulb monitor system etc

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That's what I want to find out, but yet to establish which fuse. Not listed anywhere.
Fuses for the main beams are in the engine compartment box along with the relay.

·
7,239 Posts
Fuse 27 in the BSM powers the dipped via electronics in fuse box (Fuse 27 feeds BSI via 16VGR Connector Pin1) then if you look at the BSI logic/fuse layout you can see the logic switching outputs on BSI Connector 60VNR Pins 47 +49 which feed the dip beams

Attachments

Reactions: 308cc2009

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This gets very confusing.
In the 3rd diagram, both headlight units have 5 wires, on my 2008, the left headlight connector has 7 wires and the right one has 6.

Are there variations through the years? Ours is a 66 reg.

However, I can check the voltage on F27. But I rather think any volts are lost in the electronics.

·
7,239 Posts
If the DRL's, integrated indicators or other options are built into the headlamp that may be the additional wires they only show the relevant wires for the diagram selected so only main, dip and sidelights etc are shown.

I cannot see any other options in the wiring using random build codes

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OK.
Just had a check, and with the ignition off, but dip headlights switched on, there is no power at F27 in the engine box. So that fuse cannot be in the dip headlight circuit.
However, the voltage drop between battery and bulb is only 0.3v, much less than when engine running.

The DRL and sidelights are the same LED array at different brightness. The indicators are also integrated into the unit.

By the way, tried to download your 4 zip files for diagbox/service box. When unzipping them into one folder, the second, third and fourth say the files already exist.

·
7,239 Posts
Strange with the download. the zip should just unpack from just unzipping part 1.

Fuse 5 & 7 are also BSI feeds . It possible that the feed switches dependent on ign state etc (eg 27 may feed with engine running maybe after bulb test etc and other non ign/engine running feeds are used for headlight delay and other options). As they only give a basic logic circuit for the BSM is difficult to 100% on its operation

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
When I do a test of each zip file, 1 is OK, but 2,3 & 4 come up with a data error in one file. In 2 it's 000003-s007.vmdk. Different end numbers in the others.

But I also have some basic problem with the VMWare player. When I try to run it I get a dialogue box saying it can't run because of security issues. If I ignore that it does seem to run, but the PC slows down.
Anyway, I digress. I'll see what there is on F5 & 7. But I'm getting the feeling "they are all like that sir".

·
7,239 Posts
What are you using to unzip. I used winrar to build them so maybe worth download the free copy to try

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
OK, will try that. I have 7zip.
But Bitdefender has been warning me of a Trojan all morning. I have now removed the VMWare player, and the PC is back to normal speed.
Did a virus scan and removed Trojan too. Do you think the VMWare download is corrupted perhaps?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts