Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Buying a 407 2.0HDi 6spd auto from large used car dealership in NI.
Are these cars FAP, or not?

If so, since I only ever do 5K per year approx, and this car has only 62K on it, will I ever need the good services of BettySwollocks to remove it?

Great forum, feeling more relaxed about buying this car.

·
Super Moderator
1,765 Posts
What model? The X-line doesn't have FAP.

Gerhard, Fap is the name Peugeot give to the Dpf. (Diesel Particulate Filter).

Being from Norn Iron myself, who you buying off?

·
Super Moderator
1,765 Posts
Yeah you'll have FAP in that one. Nice looking car that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where's the elloy bottle so I can look tomorrow? Or maybe the dealer will look today for me.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
get him to fill the eloys container as part of the deal and reset counters , don`t go into much detail about it because the salesman won`t know much about it and should agree , save you pounds in the mean time.:thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked the salesman if the eloys and dpf was covered under warranty, and he said yes, so I asked him to underline it when he sends the papers with the car. He asked his manager and then asked the service team to look into it.

Also, apparently the knocking noise at the rear passenger was a drop link.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok i have answered my own question by trawling the site, and there i was looking forward to spending all that money on fap/elloys in the future. Next you will tell me that the x-line doesnt have a dmf clutch and that the aircon isnt designed to keep you cool at all.:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
1,765 Posts
ok i have answered my own question by trawling the site, and there i was looking forward to spending all that money on fap/elloys in the future. Next you will tell me that the x-line doesnt have a dmf clutch and that the aircon isnt designed to keep you cool at all.:D:D:D
In your dreams only!:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts