Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Recently purchased a 307 2.0 hdi 136 xsi and this is my third week owning and driving it. I now have a problem.

Dont know if this is a coincidence or not but, since taking my car into halfords autocentre for a winter inspection last week the car is now hesistating around 2k revs through the gears, mainly through 1 - 3 at steady accelaration.

Also when cruising in high gears on the motorway at speed limit the car feels like its rocking back and fourth as it hesitates at steady speed, it was really getting to me.

So i took it back to them and they offered to check it out for me and do a diagnostic on it. They told me that i will need to go to peugeot as its coming up as the dpf needs topping up.

Being new to this car and all i took there word for it as it seems they know what they talking about.

Anyway i want to get the problem sorted but looking at the prices of the additive and all involved its quite a bit of money at this time to be spending for something that may not 100% fix the problem.

Im generally thinking how and would a DPF cause my car to hesitate just because it needs additive topping up??

Whats your opinion on this and do you think there are any other causes for the car to hesitate around the 2k mark??

Look forward to hearing your responses guys

J

·
0 Posts
Have you read any of the posts about the DPF?

I think these will answer your queries.... no additive = DPF doesn't regen = blocked filter = poor running

It could also be a duff EGR valve (mine was).

If you don't want to take it to Peugeot and pay their prices, look for someone on the Planet owner's map and ask them to do a diagnostic for you.... will only cost £10-£20.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply i understand a bit more now about it.

Yeah i done a search on dpf and coudnt find hardly anything on it.

The garage ran a diagnostic on the car and came up with something to do with the dpf. Surely if the dpf is low on additive it would come up on the multi display?

Any way to visually check if the egr valve is the problem?

J

·
0 Posts
You might get some sort of warning on the display, but it may not be as detailed as what you may expect.... typically just says "Anti Pollution Fault".

Can't visually check the EGR for faults - it is possible to remove and clean it, which may help, but can't guarantee it.

If you've got some error to do with fluid, it won't be long before you get a lot more errors - take this as an early warning, as once the fluid does run out, the your problems will only escalate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats true. Have tried to spot the egr valve to give it a clean but cannot locate it. Going to take it to a garage next week and get this sorted and will hopefully find out the reason why the cars hesitating and will report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts