·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious Davie, are you the fella who said once on one of my posts that maybe I was trying to use software that was too new for my car??. If so, ive come to the conclusion your right.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it was someone from up your neck of the woods bud, im sure of that. Ever had to have your 206 connected up to one of these machines?. My 306 has a similar power unit to yours, and ive had no end of issues. I bought a cloned device a few mths back, and the dam things never worked.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Classic ECU has not replyied across the board. Tried scanning individually, and still no go. Tried with engine running, gets to engine ecu, tells me it cannot be referenced. Bought a quality copy off a guy off here, and its much newer, and still same issues. The interface clicks, has green lite, and was checked by seller over team viewer, using his special software. Im thinking maybe the older software will see KWP2000 much better. Av a look at these pics of inside one, and tell me what u think

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No BSI bud, a fraction too old. Will look at that site asap. Every picture speaks a thousand words bud, and that tells me a lot. Yeah, its a sales pitch, but if you look a little deeper, and have worked in the electronics industry, the real board on the bottom, the expensive one made by Actia, has many more chip sets than the basic clone. Im thinking the clone has just the one, which is expected to perform all the tasks (BSI, engine, abs etc) where as the puka thing has one for each, thus making it perform better. I think ive found the reason now why they play up, and narrowing down the software (age specific to the car we own) is so important :).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers bud. Ive got 22.14 here, and it worked for a split second lol, just once, when I first loaded everything. Going to go a bit older, cus the 306 hdi I have isn't multiplexed like yours. Well, tech speaking, it is, but only regarding the lump. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only way I can do it bud, as the laptops battery is Kaput. See, im also pondering on another thought, the un Ansa'd Question. Can planet hook un to an ECU that's been mapped?. Theres no way to tell whats been done to the car in its past, and if its been WreRritten at some point, whos to say planet can still understand what its trying to reply. Deffo some communication taking place, hence the ecu couldn't be referenced, with the engine running speal I get.. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhh, now that's very, very intresting CAB. What do you think would happen if the immobo wasn't working correctly?. Would the global scan show no reply across all the ecus (engine off) and Unable to obtain ecu Referance (engine) with it running?. (The rest still say no reply I add engine on). Reason I ask is, theres the skeleton of an unworking Defender Alarm, stiil in part wired up, and if memory serves me right, its wired to the immobo, and if the purple trigger wire isn't doing its thing from the obd multiplug, im sure things wont scan.

C

·
0 Posts
This is only from my experiences and what I've seen and been told by the owners.

The one I've looked at that I know had been altered was to have dpf removed, the engine ecu said exactly as you've experienced and there was no dpf ecu reply. But was able to enter the ecu eventually after a fair bit of digging but planet wouldn't erase any faults. Car also had running issues.

Other one I've seen say the same on engine ecu the owner had dpf issues but was unsure if car had been mapped or not also no reply from dpf ecu.

Both cars where from completely different areas and suspect possibly mapped badly by someone.

I tried both planet leads and my autocom and from memory the autocom read ecu without issue apart from not wiping faults.

I may be wrong but from what I've seen recently I'd never buy a 2nd hand car without a diagnostic first.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mines too old to have a dpf bud, its a 99 306 HDI. Done a little digging today, and following Autodata's wiring diagram, ive found an open circuit between pin 11 on the OBD socket, and the connector on the immo. You seem a very switched on bloke, Do you think this would stop planet from get info off the ecu's?. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks bud. This is tricky, a real tester lol. Much appreciate your common sense replys. This has come to test me lol :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts