Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sick of the knocking noise when i go over anything - so am after a little help

i am Nottingham based but can travel within reason.

i need both strut top mounts replacing on my 2005 307sw for a decent price, i guess i can order the parts so its just a labour charge i am offering.

easy job to someone who knows what they are doing.

cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
knocking noise

Hi peter. are you sure its your top mounts ? i had a similer knocking noise from my car. i managed to find and cure it last week.

the noise sounded like it was coming from the area close to the bottom corner of the windscreen /dashboard area. which made me investigate top mounts, springs etc.

the problem turned out to be the bottom ball joint was worn and the sound was transmiting up the suspension to the upper area of the car.

i couldnt find play in the road wheel at all when the car was jacked up. the wheels needed to be on a solid surface. and then pull down sharply on the outer end of the lower arm to feel the play and hear the noise.

just something to double check

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not sure what it could be to be honest

over some speed humps its really bad, and its a definate metallic noise.

its really peeing me off and i am no closer to fixing it

pete

·
5,028 Posts
thats not me but he comes recommended from another pug forum

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi peter. are you sure its your top mounts ? i had a similer knocking noise from my car. i managed to find and cure it last week.

the noise sounded like it was coming from the area close to the bottom corner of the windscreen /dashboard area. which made me investigate top mounts, springs etc.

the problem turned out to be the bottom ball joint was worn and the sound was transmiting up the suspension to the upper area of the car.

i couldnt find play in the road wheel at all when the car was jacked up. the wheels needed to be on a solid surface. and then pull down sharply on the outer end of the lower arm to feel the play and hear the noise.

just something to double check
is it easy to replace the parts you mention ?

they seem cheap enough on ebay, and your problem sounds the same if not similar.

i cant work out in my head where the part goes - pretty new to all this.

pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts