Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on the new harness and ecu but I am not getting any spark now. I put in my new crank positioning sensor and still nothing. I traced back all the wires in the ignition circuit to insure nothing was broken and I am at a total loss. Any suggestions? The coil is good, the dist. is good, the plugs and wires are new. Car is a 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16.

·
Registered
862 Posts
eddie money said:
Just put on the new harness and ecu but I am not getting any spark now. I put in my new crank positioning sensor and still nothing. I traced back all the wires in the ignition circuit to insure nothing was broken and I am at a total loss. Any suggestions? The coil is good, the dist. is good, the plugs and wires are new. Car is a 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16.

is the valve timing correct??? check cambelt.
have you done a compression test??? what pressure do you have.??
if you have lack of pressure due to the engine been lying around for some time try spraying wd40 in the air intake whilst cranking the engine which will seal up valves and rings to gain desired compression.
igintion system have you got a bright blue spark and is at the right time.
if you have all 3 of these things correct the engine will fire up

if your spark is weak i would suspect the ignition amplifier

·
Registered
239 Posts
^:D silly answer there mate, that bit revoked now I can see the text:eek: must have been Internet hiccup

check you have connected all the earth wires a very common issue is not connecting the earth on the inlet manifold which feeds the injectors ( if it has them? ) also check the engine is grounded to the chassis if not it will crank but not fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts