Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a HID kit for my 307. Is it a big job or are they simple to fit?

Any advice would be great. :thumb:

·
Registered
905 Posts
J42OEY said:
Thinking of getting a HID kit for my 307. Is it a big job or are they simple to fit?

Any advice would be great. :thumb:
Hi mate,

its a pretty straightforward job however you need to make sure you put resistors inline... some good kits come with resistors built in so they are good..

it stops the high wattage from going back to the system.. other than that its pretty much plug and play..

good luck !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a H1 Universal HID kit fit? or would i have to get a kit with bulb Holders?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
High Intensity Diode? i think :lol:

in other words a very bright bulb...mostly seen on more modern cars such as BMW's and Audi's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cck2k9 said:
High Intensity Diode? i think :lol:

in other words a very bright bulb...mostly seen on more modern cars such as BMW's and Audi's

High Intensity Discharge

·
5,011 Posts
And certain peugeot 407's :nod::nod::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ive had a few sets in mine and i will say stay away from the slim digital ballasts ive had few sets in my car and they have messed with the cars bsi killing power
to the dash and lights for 2-4 seconds i did try in another 307 and the same but 2007 C4 they work 100% but i would stick to the bigger ballasts 2 years and still going strong also will pass the mot :thumb:

H7 are the ones you need not H1 unless your doing your high beem or fogs :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
ive had a few sets in mine and i will say stay away from the slim digital ballasts ive had few sets in my car and they have messed with the cars bsi killing power
to the dash and lights for 2-4 seconds i did try in another 307 and the same but 2007 C4 they work 100% but i would stick to the bigger ballasts 2 years and still going strong also will pass the mot :thumb:

H7 are the ones you need not H1 unless your doing your high beem or fogs :)
does your car have headlamp with special optics and auto head ajustment?
without theese you wouldn't pass mot in my country

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
nope they are just standard headlights with the fogs built in i have passed the mot every year ive had them in, i did ask the question would they pass
as i heard so many tell me they would not pass because of the same reason you said there so the brothers car was up for mot so i took it up got talking to the tester asked about the HID ect, said if they are good hids simple terms i asked what he means by that said if your in front of a wall is the beam level and not over the place cause some HID bulbs make the beam uneven but for some reason the projectors sort the beam out on cheaper HIDs strange i thought so told him what car i had and had no projectors he told me i would be fine just said get the alignment on the lights done and you be good so i done that and passed :thumb:

i am fussy so i asked the mot tester that done my car and he told me that renaults come with HID without projectors so if they are fine for them they be fine for you :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trial!

I've just had my HID delivered, I got them from Ebay for £30 and its the H7 - 6000K HIDs with the slim Ballast. I'm new to the upgrade so I will let you know how I get on! Has anyone else done this for a 307? I've watched a video on youtube -
She's made it look pretty simple so fingers crossed!! WIll post photos if it works :):thumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've just had my HID delivered, I got them from Ebay for £30 and its the H7 - 6000K HIDs with the slim Ballast. I'm new to the upgrade so I will let you know how I get on! Has anyone else done this for a 307? I've watched a video on youtube - How to Install HIDs [Conversion Kit] DIY - YouTube
She's made it look pretty simple so fingers crossed!! WIll post photos if it works :):thumb:
hardest bit was finding a 25mm holesaw for mine, and deciding where to mount the ballast units, I have the older non projector lenses and ended up swapping my h7 6000 for h7r 4300. (the 6000k looked good but my boy racer days are long gone :eek:)

·
Registered
21 Posts

It's going to sound stupid but i've made the circuit from the ballast to the bulb... i'm assuming the Red goes to the battery and black to bare metal for ground? (Don't judge i'm not good at this!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts