Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a peugeot 307 (2003 1.4 petrol) and when putting the clutch down the car cuts out, it mostly happens the first 10 minutes when the car is started that day, and is when coming to a stop. when i say cuts out i mean the whole engine and electrics go off, sometimes it comes back on its own straight away but sometimes the key needs turning or it can be bump started (which i prefer not to do)
i know its not the battery as that has recently been replaced, but before i take it to a garage does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause?
when it happens the central stop light, battery, seat belt, engine and oil lights come on and i think the handbrake one comes on too.. all of these come on when the key is first put into the ignition and go off once the engine is running. the only light that is on when the engine is running is my airbag light as it has a fault which im currently trying to fix as it looks like the airbag wiring is out.
i didn't know that the 307 model has so many common faults until after purchasing it and its a bit annoying as i havent had much luck with cars lately :-/
it was put on diagnostics last week and the precise fault wasnt found, but by the looks of it they have only done general fault finding, also it was put on it whilst it had a dead battery as the garage tried to tell me it was my starter motor not my battery that was dead, which turned out to be incorrect as i suspected
it went through its mot this month also with just a couple of small things needing to be done

J

·
0 Posts
Don't give up on the 307 mate, mine was a bit of a heap when I got it, then I made her beautiful!

I think the first bit of advice you're going to get here is to have the codes read. Is the battery sorted? If so, find someone on "bettyswollocks" planet map and get in touch with them. They can have a look at your car for a small fee.

My thoughts would maybe be a dodgy ignition barrel. However if it's only at idle speed then I guess I'd be leaning toward a new idler. Let the other members confirm this though mate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks yeah i do like the car all round, kinda wish i knew about all the electric faults they can get before hand tho lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts