Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the wipers beeing too "hyperactive" when I set it to "Auto".

Ideally I would only like it as it was on my old 405 Mi16, where it was possible to adjust the speed of the slowest phase by turning the stalk.

Is it possible to do something about it?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Doubt it can be modded to be honest as it is all controlled by the networked switch, bsi, motor etc unlike the good old days where we could decide what we wanted :)

You might be able to disable the auto function though using planet

D

·
0 Posts
Nope, can't be changed. Best that can be done is leave the stalk on manual.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Must admit that the I find the same issue annoying! My wife"s last three cars before the 207cc were all Suzuki"s

All of them had a manual dial in intermittant speed, simple, and worked a treat.
Unless the rain is at a "certain strength"...I find myself switching from manual wipers, to the downward "single demand" option

Classic case of showing more concern for "fancy electrics" than basic needs....ie...a durable, easy fix front suspension design!!:(

rant over :rolleyes:

·
6,434 Posts
If the wipers are over sensitive check that the rain sensor is tight on the glass and if its fitted in silicone gel there are no air bubbles between sensor and glass. My old 807 was bad in auto and reseating sensor cured the problem.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, they are over sensitive at periods. Hard to know really. I think it might be a bit related to whether humidity and if there's a tiny layer of "damp" left on the windscreen or not after the wipers have passed.

That said, the previous owner had the windscreen changed not too long before I bought it, so maybe the sensor wasn't put back exactly as it should. Might ask the main dealer for some opinions also, going to pick up the 508 GT front brake-disc today :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts