Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
11,978 Posts
The triangle thing is an electronic tag for raising the barriers at a private car park or bridge / tunnel / toll - it happens to be in the area where these things only work.

The other looks like a mike for a handsfree phone kit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The triangle thing is an electronic tag for raising the barriers at a private car park or bridge / tunnel / toll - it happens to be in the area where these things only work.
Cheers, although seeing that it wont be of any use to me, should i take it off?

The other looks like a mike for a handsfree phone kit.
I dont think this car has handsfree kit. Where should i look for it?

J

·
0 Posts
I dont think this car has handsfree kit. Where should i look for it?
Could be that the previous owner removed the main parts, or it could be bluetooth hidden away somewhere. Do a scan with your phone for bluetooth devices and see if it finds anything

·
11,978 Posts
Cheers, although seeing that it wont be of any use to me, should i take it off?
Yeah, but I'd wait until the windscreen has had a few hours of sun on it, then slide a butter knife to remove the adhesive pads holding it on. If its anything like the pads they use on Mersey Tunnel tags they're a bugger to remove!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The other part, to me it looks like a GPS antenna, your car may have a GPS tracker fitted, follow the antenna cable and you may find the device somewhere, usually in the glovebox

Regards
I might just do as you suggested, im kinda really curious to see what it does. :)

Yeah, but I'd wait until the windscreen has had a few hours of sun on it, then slide a butter knife to remove the adhesive pads holding it on.
Thanks Gibbo, thats a great idea, ill do that once i get around removing it. :)

As for the mic, its held on by a velcro pad on it sticking to the ceiling trim of the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The rectangular one definatley looks like a mic, exactly the same as mine but mines positioned in right top corner of screen. I also have gps and thats in a round looking casing on the windscreen. Which stereo system do you have? Mine has the bluetooth attached to stereo for handsfree.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi timanfiya, i have just the usual rd4 unit i believe, without tel button, only band one. In my menu i have only 4 icons visible. Tried scanning with BT, nothing came up, but even if there was bt handsfree inthere i would need to make it discoverable first.

Any idea how i can go about that?

J

·
0 Posts
Most BT handsfree devices are permanently discoverable... its only your phone in which you switch that on/off. If you can't find one, there more than likely isn't one (but make sure you do a search in the first 30secs ish after starting the car - thats when my Nokia one looks to pair with my phone)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, I agree, I dont think you can turn off the discovery on the BT. My unit is an RD4 but has the Tel button. Just seems strange that it looks exactly the same as my mic but in a different postition. I think your best bet would be to take it into a car audio shop and ask them if they can see where it leads. I recall seeing your other post that you wanted to install a BT unit so you will need a mic anyway, if indeed thats what it is.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to give everyone little bit of closure on this topic,

i checked the underside of passanger gloves compartment and i found a Nokia loudspeaker and cables leading to the antenna and the microphone, there was also one disconnected what looked like a power harness, so i figured previous owner removed the actual device.

So i proceded to cut all the cables, and rip out the antenna and microphone. Smooth :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts