Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest. Might be useful for rear visibility - I notice at night that if a car behind me is close, it's not possible to see their headlights out the rear window.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I doubt it as you would have the following cars headlights glaring into the rear camera and it would cause the screen to act like a torch as the picture would be blotted out.

Try taking a photo on your phone of someone shining a torch into the lens and see what you get.

Why are you bothered about seeing who/what's behind? It's up to them to watch for your stop lights to come on and a couple of light taps on the brake pedal may be all that's required for them to either drop back or overtake.

I appreciate you may feel that could be dangerous so my suggestion would be to just slow down a little and let them pass.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
It's also an offence to have the video displaying in the drivers view while driving (except of course when reversing). This is why dashcams default to blanking the screen or displaying speed /compass after a brief delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts