Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at my 307 today. I found a break in the vacuum lines just after the 'T' connection next to the crankcase breather.
Anyone any tips on repairing it as I'm finding it hard to locate a replacement part without paying 30£ for one.
Also, I took the tape off the previous owner had thought was a good repair and it seems to be sucking very strong on idle. I know it's when it has strongest suction but it's very loud n doesnt seem right

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, its probably loud because of the leak.

Is it possible to remove the broken part of the pipe from the 'T' piece and push the hose back over it?

I replaced all of my vacuum pipe with 3mm silicon vacuum pipe from eBay - cost £5.....:thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the pipe is snapped in the middle. I have had one break on a previous car n it was impossible to push the new pipe onto the connectors. Its the very hard plastic n always seems too small to go on properly . I broke my connector last time trying to get new pipe on

G

·
0 Posts
Oh, I see.

I still replaced all the harder 'shaped' pipes with the flexible silicon type and its all good, low cost too.

I guess you could search the popular auction site to see if someone is breaking a similar car, just for aesthetic reasons...?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I see.

I still replaced all the harder 'shaped' pipes with the flexible silicon type and its all good, low cost too.

I guess you could search the popular auction site to see if someone is breaking a similar car, just for aesthetic reasons...?
Yeah, I've sent a few messages but no replies yet. If not I may just have to buy some hose and acquire something suitable to heat it up and fit it that way

G

·
0 Posts
No need to heat it, 3mm pipe fits very snugly over the solenoids and 'T' pieces, 4mm fits snug but can be pulled off easily. Even as a temporary fit its got to be worth a couple of pound.

Have you tried dipping the hard plastic end in a cup of boiling water to soften it before attempting to slide it on?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No need to heat it, 3mm pipe fits very snugly over the solenoids and 'T' pieces, 4mm fits snug but can be pulled off easily. Even as a temporary fit its got to be worth a couple of pound.

Have you tried dipping the hard plastic end in a cup of boiling water to soften it before attempting to slide it on?
no, but might give it a go thanks. It's just from the experience last time and having to replace connector too that i cba

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. I've repaired this line.
Taking a better look at the car here is how it stands.
Turns over and starts well. runs nice and smooth for 30 secs to 1 minute.
Then it starts to missfire and the vacuum increases massively on it. but as soon as you apply some revs it runs fine and smooth.

What would be a cause of this missfire and high vacuum. Am I looking at a vacuum leak elsewhere or possibly pcv valve?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts