Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

After sitting practically unused for over 1 month, my 2 rear, side doors on my 2007 307sw hdi will not open. When pushing the unlock button on either the dashboard or remote, I can hear them unlocking but they won't budge. I have been trying almost daily for around a month to pull open and repeatedly unlock, thinking that they had just stuck from moisture or something like that but haven't had any luck getting them open.

I've also tried pulling them in an upwards motion, pushing the door in with my hip and then pulling the handle and even that didn't work.

Are there any other tips or tricks you could suggest to get them free?

·
Registered
201 Posts
does the boot unlock when the doors wont budge? climb inside the car and open the doors from the inside then spray plusgas or wd40 on the mechanism?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, front doors and boot open with no issues.

When you say to open doors, do you mean to take over the plastic cover?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Just a guess, but perhaps the locks have jammed in the deadlocked position.

If that is the case, I understand they have to be smashed open (from the inside!) to access the mechanism.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've just had the same problem on one of my back doors. You have to fold the bottom of the back seat forward and remove it (two spring bars hold it in place). Then after removing the two screws in the door card, carefully lever off the door card at the bottom corner where it meets the back of the seat. You may break one or two of the clips holding the card on, but they are cheap enough. Once the card is off, reach inside and push the metal lever down to open the door. You will see a white plastic piece that moves when you pull on the outside door handle. This piece is meant to push down on the metal lever, but mine had slipped behind the lever, so I bent the lever back a bit. It's working fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts