Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I think I might have "bricked" my SMEG+ unit..
The screen/HU keeps restarting after a firmware update-f*ckup..
now the HU wont recognize my USB and since it resets/restars every 5 seconds I can't really do anything..

The car is a 308 1,6eHDI (115hk)
The HU is a SMEG+ art.nr: 98 078 863 80 / 503551220410

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
I've already been to a dealer and they said it's broken and they couldn't do anything about it..

Is there any way of getting a clean firmware in the HU?
Under those 5 seconds of it actually beeing on everything works like it should.. Then it restarts and yeah.. Pretty frustrating:(

If you need any extra information about the car I'd be happy to give, I just really wanna fix this problem..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would try a BSI reset first.

Peugeot BSi reboot procedure

There's also a reset for the radio although I can't remember how to get there!
There's also a reset for the radio although I can't remember how to get there![/quote]

I will try this, thanks for atleast trying to help me.. I've had the absolute worst experience at peugeot, seems like no1 wants to help or have the knowledge to help over there..

I will be back with info of how it went!

PS! How do I do this BIS reboot with keyless?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've seen the procedure recently but, as mine is an ordinary key system, didn't take much notice. I'll keep looking but in the meantime maybe someone else knows?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hopefully someone knows anything :(
Unsure if this will help .... i had issues with a firmware update in that I had the blue screen and a permanent loop situation. I took the decision to disconnect the battery, wait 1 hour, and then reconnect the battery with the USB stick in situ. the update restarted, and then the unit rebooted, at this stage I removed the USB stick and held my breath ........ Peugeot logo appeared, and finally ....... system fully installed, maps and speed alerts still present. One awkward conversation with local Peugeot dealer avoided and one fully functional SMEG+ unit - I now have radio restored, a fully functional reversing camera and sensors, and heating controls once again.

It may help - definitely worth a try - good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unsure if this will help .... i had issues with a firmware update in that I had the blue screen and a permanent loop situation. I took the decision to disconnect the battery, wait 1 hour, and then reconnect the battery with the USB stick in situ. the update restarted, and then the unit rebooted, at this stage I removed the USB stick and held my breath ........ Peugeot logo appeared, and finally ....... system fully installed, maps and speed alerts still present. One awkward conversation with local Peugeot dealer avoided and one fully functional SMEG+ unit - I now have radio restored, a fully functional reversing camera and sensors, and heating controls once again.

It may help - definitely worth a try - good luck
Unfortunatey I've passed the stage where this would've been helpful! I did exactly this but I think the firmwares got mixed or something and after I did what you did it went into this endless loop of restarting :(

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I know this isn't your system but this youtube video may help, it shows you how to remove a fuse if something goes wrong. Anything is worth a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know this isn't your system but this youtube video may help, it shows you how to remove a fuse if something goes wrong. Anything is worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4MJXvPmM4
Yeah, the thing is I think I've mixed 2 firmwares in the system.
Is there any way I can like wipe the unit clean and load a new firmware in or something like that?

·
Registered
978 Posts
When the dealers were updating the firmware on our radio they had trouble getting the update to work and had to try many times. In addition it seemed to have stuck and they were on the verge of ordering a replacement radio when it finally finished.

So, maybe, just keep on trying?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When the dealers were updating the firmware on our radio they had trouble getting the update to work and had to try many times. In addition it seemed to have stuck and they were on the verge of ordering a replacement radio when it finally finished.

So, maybe, just keep on trying?
Well, I've kept trying for the last 2 weeks now so I think a replacement stereo is what I need..:(

·
Registered
29 Posts
I may be wrong on this one, It's not my area! But I think the firmware is on a MicroSD card in the head unit.

I've got a spare SMEG head unit. If I took the MicroSD card out and took it's file structure off, and you copied it to yours, maybe that would work?

I know these units are coded to the cars VIN & spec etc, but I don't know if this coding lives on the SD card or on a chip somewhere else.

Like I said, I might be talking rubbish!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't think the firmware is on the SD card, it's held on the unit itself - presumably in an eprom somewhere.

The small partition of 1024MB on the SD card labelled USERGUI is for the interactive user guide information. Besides which, some versions of the Smeg+ are available without any card fitted at all so it can't be on the card!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think the firmware is on the SD card, it's held on the unit itself - presumably in an eprom somewhere.

The small partition of 1024MB on the SD card labelled USERGUI is for the interactive user guide information. Besides which, some versions of the Smeg+ are available without any card fitted at all so it can't be on the card!

Ah! Thank you for correcting. :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've seen the procedure recently but, as mine is an ordinary key system, didn't take much notice. I'll keep looking but in the meantime maybe someone else knows?
Thanks to Marc at French Car Forum for this. For keyless systems modify procedure as follows:

Just press the Start Stop button without pressing any pedals. That should switch ignition on only. But when reconnecting battery, ensure the fob is not within 2-3 metres of the car perimeter until the time of reconnecting the battery has lapsed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to Marc at French Car Forum for this. For keyless systems modify procedure as follows:

Just press the Start Stop button without pressing any pedals. That should switch ignition on only. But when reconnecting battery, ensure the fob is not within 2-3 metres of the car perimeter until the time of reconnecting the battery has lapsed.
Awesome! I'm going to try this out later today! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts