Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Our car has been great and can't really think of any regret.

It was dire in some ice the other day though which was a shame so maybe the advanced grip control would have been handy but it was one day on a country road late at night.

Our car has done the brake warning but it only does it when the car ahead turns left into a side road and you can continue your journey without braking. The car also does lose it's footing when hitting bumps/holes in the road like someone else mentioned and that can be a bit unnerving.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Our car has been great and can't really think of any regret.

It was dire in some ice the other day though which was a shame so maybe the advanced grip control would have been handy but it was one day on a country road late at night.

Our car has done the brake warning but it only does it when the car ahead turns left into a side road and you can continue your journey without braking. The car also does lose it's footing when hitting bumps/holes in the road like someone else mentioned and that can be a bit unnerving.

Car companies can come up with what ever gimmick or silly idea they like. These traction control programs for 2 wheel drive vehicles will never replace 4WD, especially with off road/winter tyres fitted.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Michaelss

Obviously the door mirrors on the XC40 either aren't as big or they are mounted on a narrower part of the body so in effect they don't stick out as far. I do find that our holiday cottage gated entrance is very narrow and this is with door mirrors folded in so I will be limited on a car choice not exceeding the width of our CX5. The 3008 is the same width excluding door mirrors. This is in no way any criticism of your choice, it's a general observation that car widths are getting too wide for our roads, driveways, garages and parking spaces.:thumb:
Obviously you're going to need to buy a new holiday cottage... simple! :nod:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Obviously you're going to need to buy a new holiday cottage... simple! :nod:
If only we lived in an ideal world. As an aside, there are VERY narrow single track roads on the IOW called "shutes" (don't ask). Every time you have to go down one you pray nothing else is approaching. The buses can only just keep to their side of the road on normal "A" roads which would be classed as "B" roads anywhere else. There is half a mile of dual carriageway in Newport and that's it. Driving a wide car on the IOW is pretty hair raising.:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
After 3 weeks of having my new 3008 Crossway 1.5 BlueHDi - 2k KM done:

1. For sure I regret that I did not order it with 2.0 BlueHDi - better performance + automatic gearbox works smoother
2. Also I regret no focal system (bass is to weak in standard one)
3. From the beginning something is making strange noise while driving (inside front doors left and right - some cables?)
4. Chromes around car are not good idea especially those on doors @black plastic - dirt is very visible + scratches
5. Poor camera quality
6. It is very hard to wear belts because of front tunnel is too near and high
7. Front wipers makes huge empty space on left side of windscreen
8. Without mudflaps car is very dirty after one ride with rain...
9. A lot of normal (not leds) bulbs which I had to replace for LED by myself (plates, trunk, sun protectors, glovebox etc...)
10. Multimedia system is way too slow !

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Door noise - consult your Peugeot dealer, maybe try to get a passenger to video the noise.

Mud flaps - the Peugeot stylied ones will be an easy enough retrofit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1.Reflection of bottom chrome strip on i-Cockpit in the windscreen
2.Gaps in dash panels - the section below the i-Cockpit and that around the centre vents. Both could be a closer and more consistent fit.
3. Only one usb port and it and the power point are somewhat hidden away.
4. Measly three year warranty and only one year breakdown cover.
5. Fiddly and over-complicated cruise/ACC control lever.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Day two observations which I knew about already after a 1100 mile hire car trip last year.

Tailgate really heavy. I thought about the electric upgrade but the upgrade was only available with keyless go and I didn't want a car with such poor security that it might as well be left unlocked.

One USB. What is that all about?

Apart from that so far so good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my 1.2 GT Line in March this year, had to take it back to dealer a week later to update maps and as someone mentioned cruise control is not ideal, not a big issue for me, but very pleased otherwise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hate the moving bonnet and after one year trying to get it stable and even e new bonnet i gave up.
Use tape to fix it in place so it does not move all the time on the highway.
Would not get a 3008 again....well would not get a Peugeot again after this.
Dealer is trying to make Peugeot Netherlands to take the car back but i don't think they will do that. So tape it is.

·
2,738 Posts
I adjusted my bonnet with the bump stops on the bonnet...they twist and adjust to stop the 'wobble' at speed and also put a bit of tension on the lock and make the bonnet stable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I adjusted my bonnet with the bump stops on the bonnet...they twist and adjust to stop the 'wobble' at speed and also put a bit of tension on the lock and make the bonnet stable.
Dealer spent 14 hours and could not solve it. I also spent many hours also with those bump stops but does not help.
Also if you put to much tension then the gap between bonnet and bumper increases and looks bad.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts