Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps
Are there are snags or problems in having a towbar and associated electrics fitted to a (2007) 307 TD ?

Mine also has the optional Peugeot reversing sensors fitted which may also cause a hiccup perhaps, am I likely to run into problems with the can-bus system when adding additional the electric plug for the trailer connection and so need to get it sorted/recognised using Planet, or is it all reasonably straightforward?

Is it gonna cost me heavy ?

D

·
0 Posts
I'd fit a genuine wiring loom and an aftermarket hitch.
You will need to turn it on in the BSI and theres a fair bit of wiring on the new Full CAN cars. A wire has to be fed up to the BSI from the rear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Charlie said:
Hi chaps
Are there are snags or problems in having a towbar and associated electrics fitted to a (2007) 307 TD ?

Mine also has the optional Peugeot reversing sensors fitted which may also cause a hiccup perhaps, am I likely to run into problems with the can-bus system when adding additional the electric plug for the trailer connection and so need to get it sorted/recognised using Planet, or is it all reasonably straightforward?

Is it gonna cost me heavy ?
Had mine done for arounf £200 IIRC. Just a universal one.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps, I am being quoted £160/180 fitted - neither fitter sees any problem with the electrics on the Pug and both have done em before so I can only assume its either straightforward without problem, or these guys have the facility to overcome the Canbus thing anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,745 Posts
There's a smartbox thing you can use which stops the car picking up on the extra load of trailer lights. Don't know any more about it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts