Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some help. i intend buying a 1996 Peugeot 309GL and wanted to know if any of you have driven this car and what are your opinions on it :)

thanks alot

·
Registered
12 Posts

XTC said:
Hey guys, I need some help. i intend buying a 1996 Peugeot 309GL and wanted to know if any of you have driven this car and what are your opinions on it :)

thanks alot
i dont own one but they are a good family hatch Peugeot's 309 will never be the kind of car you aspire to own but if you're a family buyer on a tight budget, it could very well be the one you need. The car was long agoreplaced by the 306 range and, like that car, it was built at Ryton near Coventry as well as in France. Most examples are now pretty tatty but, if you can find a good one, this fine handling family hatch is still worth a look.
garry

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a 307, Garry.

That is a 309. They were manufactured about the same time as PSA took over the European operations of Chrysler. They are made from a spare parts bin consisting of components from the 205, 405 and Chrysler Neon and derivatives.

They were avaliable as a GTi16, fitted with the XU9J4 motor of the 405 Mi16. They are popular for modifying throughout europe, but due to their ugly duckling appearance, were never as popular as the 205.

C

·
0 Posts
whelley said:
anyone that say 309 is a ugly car has never ride one, in spain they are crazy for it
Ugly, but no one says not nice to drive. The extra weight at the back helps tame the 205's tendency to wag it's tail at every ditch and hedgrow, and makes a calmer and more stable drive.

It was originally a Talbot project but was given a redesign and thoroughly Peugeotised before launch.

will they recycle the 309 name when the 308 is replaced...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mercy suspected U.S. shell companies imported milk should be produced in Shanxi County

Daily News to "100% imported milk" as a selling point of the Mercy publicity milk recently troubled. Was traced to "excessive melamine hundred times" post (see the relevant newspaper reported June 10 version 4), Mercy was again involved in the "milk door." China Dairy Industry Association, former executive director of the Guangzhou milk co-director Wang Ding of cotton has revealed that Ashley Mercy actually Guangdong dummy in the United States a "pseudo-foreign devils" Company \And ShanxiThe supply side to Ashley at the above-mentioned two places to build their own base of milk. overview of the latest news here: China military facelift digital camouflage some of the world's leading technology has been (temporarily missing figure) on the 29th listed company at night announcement ten institutions: two types of shares into the main counter-attack into a new richest man, Huang Guangyu Wang Chuanfu Pioneer only before entering the United States 20 China PVC implementation of the five-year anti-dumping Wang Shi: the amount of decline in value of the property market will continue to rise after the National Unicom 3G10 on Telephone Number 1, the basic package in the first 9 files only refer to the base 1 trillion leveraged funds will be unfrozen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but i want to buy a 309, so i have some questions. The reason i wanna buy it, is that this car has original driven only 90.000 km.
I wan to have this car as second car, only for driving to work in winter, and trips no longer than 100km. This car has 1.4 petrol engine.

So my questions are, is this car reliable for such tasks, and what are main diseases that i should now about it?
Thanks in advance.

C

·
0 Posts
Years ago I had a 1.6 309 which took everything I threw at it bearing in mind I was 18 so it got some hammer, apart from replacing the front shocks and thermostat I don't remember any other problems.

My parents had a 1.3 model it suffered mainly from hoses failing and distributor issues.

Both cars lasted for ages and didn't cost a fortune to maintain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts