Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear from various internet sites a hybrid model of the 3008 is due out later this year, and that it will be entitled to a government grant.

If true, do you think the prices will be under £30k as something like this would be very tempting for me.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure about the grant as it now only applies to vehicles that are < 50g/km CO2 and can do at least 70 miles battery only and the 3008 has a battery-only range of 30 miles.

It's also got a 296 bhp output and 0-62 @ 6.5 seconds so I'm guessing it's going to be top of the range GTi spec, so closer to 40k I would imagine

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Blimey that's expensive...

Details from French forums:

Rates released Friday of the 3008 Hybrid range.

Tariffs 3008 PHEV

Peugeot 3008 HYbrid 225 e-EAT8 Allure: 43,800 euros
Peugeot 3008 HYbrid 225 e-EAT8 GT Line: 45,900 euros
Peugeot 3008 HYbrid 225 e-EAT8 GT: 48,300 euros

Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 300 e-EAT8 GT: EUR 53,800

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hope the new e208 is priced a bit more sensibly. I was hoping to get back into a Peugeot iCockpit this Autumn, but it looks unlikely if those prices are anything to go by.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Lots more info here:

https://www.peugeot.fr/gamme/nos-vehicules/suv-3008/hybrid.html

Seems the new 3008 Hybrid will also be available with proper four wheel drive. I think in France the contributions/state aid from the Government are particularly generous (circa 2000 euros).

Without going off topic, I also like the look of the new Peugeot e208 - especially like the new 3D iCockpit in the range. Suspect it will be priced way too high for most people looking at that size car. State aid for it in France is up to 6000 euros and a conversion bonus.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
No wonder I mistakenly thought this was the restyled Hybrid/Electric 3008 in early prototype shots:

Looks so similar to our 3008's.

Interesting to see the tech enhancements - lots of USB sockets at long last and the new 3D i-Cockpit look great. Also that the keyless 'walk' away and it locks automatically feature is now becoming standard.

I think this car will be a very good indicator of the 3008 restyle.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Thanks for that blue, I've been looking to changing to a slightly smaller SUV so my wife will be more likely to want to drive it, although I have got to get her used to driving automatics as well. The old 2008 would have been ideal but I don't like its style so this one wil definitely be on my list of options next year when I say goodbye to my GT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It will also have better adaptive cruise which support stop and go, similar to the 508 so I'm guessing it will also have positional assist (better version of the lane keep assist) for semi autonomous driving.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
New press release issued on the 29th August 2019 is located here:

https://int-media.peugeot.com/en/3008HY4?idtok=b1870bbb787

I can't post the PDF, but its downloadable in the press release link above.

Looks like the order book for will open for the Hybrid 3008 in Europe, in October.

I reckon it'll be very expensive, particularly as its only available in GT trim and list prices for the GT diesel currently are very high.

The idea of a proper 4WD is interesting, and very quick performance - equivalent of 300hp and 0-62 in 5.9 seconds!. The introduction of a 225hp 2WD version is to follow.

I prefer a Hybrid solution 3008 to full electric, as it gives you a degree of peace of mind if you simply can't find a charging point or one that works.

I note that the press release refers to improvements to match the new 508, with the introduction of the lane positioning system which keeps you centred between the white lines, rather than just nudging you back when it gets very near.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking like 45k which, although I'd love a hybrid 3008.....the build quality and various issues makes me stop and think. £45k brings a lot of other SUVs into the mix, albeit diesel/petrol versions.

You must really REALLY want the hybrid and be completely in love with the 3008 to spend £45k.

My other issue is the horrendous peugeot depreciation, especially with the raft of all electric vehicles entering the market over the next few years.

I don't think it's a sensible purchase?

My '19 brand new GT Premium cost me £25k after discounts...this is another £20k!!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Looking like 45k which, although I'd love a hybrid 3008.....the build quality and various issues makes me stop and think. £45k brings a lot of other SUVs into the mix, albeit diesel/petrol versions.

You must really REALLY want the hybrid and be completely in love with the 3008 to spend £45k.

My other issue is the horrendous peugeot depreciation, especially with the raft of all electric vehicles entering the market over the next few years.

I don't think it's a sensible purchase?

My '19 brand new GT Premium cost me £25k after discounts...this is another £20k!!!!
A large part of the costs are the batteries. So if you add in a £30k car with additional batteries, electric motors etc, of course the price is going to be higher.

Then that extra cost gives wiggle room to negotiate on price. You are happy you got a "discount" on your car but that discount was always there. It's given to EVERYONE, for pretty much ALL cars, including non-PSA.

The other thing is, most people don't drop £45k on a car. They go on finance. One low monthly payment for the car.

What depreciation? All normal cars depreciate horribly in the first few years. Peugeot are doing much better on depreciation than they used to and is comparative to alot of brands, including german brands.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A large part of the costs are the batteries. So if you add in a £30k car with additional batteries, electric motors etc, of course the price is going to be higher.

Then that extra cost gives wiggle room to negotiate on price. You are happy you got a "discount" on your car but that discount was always there. It's given to EVERYONE, for pretty much ALL cars, including non-PSA.

The other thing is, most people don't drop £45k on a car. They go on finance. One low monthly payment for the car.

What depreciation? All normal cars depreciate horribly in the first few years. Peugeot are doing much better on depreciation than they used to and is comparative to alot of brands, including german brands.
sounds promising then. Shall definately be looking at the deals nearer the time.

·
Registered
905 Posts
In Austria the starting price for the Hybrid 4 3008 will be around 55k Euros when it is available later this year. 55k Euros is a very large amount of money to pay for a Peugeot.
If eqipped with some options, the price goes close to 65k Euros....

For 65k Euros I would expect a car with no cheap plastics at all in the cabin, with better sound insulation, with better infotainment system, a car which holds value better, better build quality overall, and last but not least a car with a freaking washer fluid level sensor in year 2019!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
With Peugeot's shocking depreciation rates it's likely to cost significantly more than a Jaguar I-Pace or, the soon to be released Audi E-Tron, on a PCP deal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts