Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya gibbo revs are not smooth between 1000-2000 RPM needle is very erratic its a pain at junctions in 1st gear after 2000 RPM its fine. any ideas mate ?

·
11,790 Posts
Ring Peugeot UK. Give them your reg and they'll tell you.

If David says EGR I'd go with his diagnosis and I always recommend EGR blanking.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ring Peugeot UK. Give them your reg and they'll tell you.

If David says EGR I'd go with his diagnosis and I always recommend EGR blanking.

Hi

Whats EGR blanking please?

Have i read the new MOT rules checks the EGR is there and would it be needed to inform insurance of modification?

Hope its ok to "butt in"

Allan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a plate thats blocks egr valve stops exhaust gas being recirculated results in a load of sludge being built up over time.its part of emissions but as far as im aware your car will still pass mot it onlys burns second hand gas if you like. i maybe wrong here so dont take my world for it. im sure i will be corrected if im wrong

·
Registered
36 Posts
its a plate thats blocks egr valve stops exhaust gas being recirculated results in a load of sludge being built up over time.its part of emissions but as far as im aware your car will still pass mot it onlys burns second hand gas if you like. i maybe wrong here so dont take my world for it. im sure i will be corrected if im wrong
Nope you are correct , The EGR system cuts down the emission of nitrides of oxygen which are not measured during an mot :thumb:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thank you

I guess my first point of start then is see if the earth issue can be fixed the car seems to run well starts well though runs out of steam at 3500 revs still pulls just not as well. Its doing over 50 MPG so that's fair.

I had the EGR stripped about two weeks ago cleaned the carbon and used electrical cleaner on the plug as it looked dirty could that plug be the issue perhaps

If anyone knows where i might find the earth issue for the code it would be fantastic

Thanks again

Allan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wish mine done 50 MPG lol. mine 39 MPG is the maximum i can get so i know i got issues.

and i drive very careful to achieve this result.

i could do with striping my bits off for a good clean but i share the car with partner so i dont get chance.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi Gazza

I was way out on mpg as I have just bought it I was going by the on board info just filled it and it did 41 mpg hopping next tank better as engine ran cold for first 170 miles of tank faulty thermostat

Fingers crossed a mate with a 406 gets 45 mpg 50 on a run and that's 2 ltr

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts