Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I am new to this forum so any help is appreciated! :D. I have a Peugeot 307 HDI 1.6 90 that is currently mapped to 120BHP ( I am aware I will need to remap it when I have done some modifications). I am wanting to get a front mounted intercooler for it but I am stuck in which one to get etc so if anyone has any ideas that would be great and also any recommendations of any other stuff to do to it.
Thank you! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts

If the hot side hose is on the same size as the cold side hose then a twin pass intercooler is really easy to fit and have very little piping. As you can see from mine it fits really well with very little mods.

Running a big cooler like that will mean you'll be getting a dramatic difference in air temperature after the turbo and the boost will come on a lot stronger. Just like having your car remapped when you fit one. Even I had my stock remap on my car I gained 11 BHP just with that cooler.

Keep your piping at 2.5 inch or 2.25 inch and you'll be sound. Some good quality clamps will also stop you having boost leaks which are easy to get on this sort of setup. PM me if you want any more advice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

If the hot side hose is on the same size as the cold side hose then a twin pass intercooler is really easy to fit and have very little piping. As you can see from mine it fits really well with very little mods.

Running a big cooler like that will mean you'll be getting a dramatic difference in air temperature after the turbo and the boost will come on a lot stronger. Just like having your car remapped when you fit one. Even I had my stock remap on my car I gained 11 BHP just with that cooler.

Keep your piping at 2.5 inch or 2.25 inch and you'll be sound. Some good quality clamps will also stop you having boost leaks which are easy to get on this sort of setup. PM me if you want any more advice
Oh great thank you for your advice I would PM you but I need to do 20 posts first but I definately would like more advice thanks!:thumb: Where did you get your intercooler from then if you don't mind me asking? I rather get one especially if someone else has had good experience with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Is there any chance you could send pictures of the pipeworl and the place you fitted the intercooler please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts