Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Is there any advantage in upgrading the software on a 2005 model 2.2L petrol car.
or
best to leave it alone.

will the the computer system on a 2005 model 407 handle the latest upgrade.

I have the car at the dealer with over issues so just thinging about it.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
software upgrades are good for the car, they get rid of the glitches that can cause issues with the motor.

when your car is connected up to a computer system for an ecu update, it is connected to the french servers and specific software to your car is downloaded. i had a 2001 307 updated on a few occasions, so your 05 will handle it. :thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
software upgrades are good for the car, they get rid of the glitches that can cause issues with the motor.

when your car is connected up to a computer system for an ecu update, it is connected to the french servers and specific software to your car is downloaded. i had a 2001 307 updated on a few occasions, so your 05 will handle it. :thumb:
Would a dealer do this automatically when connecting to read fault codes for instance or would you have to specifically ask for it ?

J

·
0 Posts
Would a dealer do this automatically when connecting to read fault codes for instance or would you have to specifically ask for it ?
Ask for it. They'll do it if it might cure a fault, but I don't think they do it as a matter of course, unless its in for the routine service whereby I believe they do then.

J

·
0 Posts
Had my engine ECU software updated when I had a new EGR fitted 6 months ago, and that didn't cost me. Haven't had the BSI updated, although Paul has mentioned about this that might help with a couple of other little bugs I have with it. I doubt they charge if you are having something else done, they might if that is all you go in for though. They have only ever charged me for a diagnostic (£50) when taking it in for a fault last September, and none since as the problems since are all still in relation to the original fault report.

I might be biased as I've been using them for years, but they are a pretty reasonable and helpful team up there. You used them before?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had my engine ECU software updated when I had a new EGR fitted 6 months ago, and that didn't cost me. Haven't had the BSI updated, although Paul has mentioned about this that might help with a couple of other little bugs I have with it. I doubt they charge if you are having something else done, they might if that is all you go in for though. They have only ever charged me for a diagnostic (£50) when taking it in for a fault last September, and none since as the problems since are all still in relation to the original fault report.

I might be biased as I've been using them for years, but they are a pretty reasonable and helpful team up there. You used them before?
Haven't used them yet but rang and spoke to a guy named Steve, he sounded ok and quoted me the same £50, there is also a guy on here from Plymouth with pp maps who will read for £20 :)

J

·
0 Posts
I know of two Steve's - ones in parts, the other in aftersales. They are both pretty helpful to me. The touch that made it personal for me was when my 306 had been written off, and I had a temp Volvo for 12mths, yet then when going back to Truscotts with the 407 some 18mths since I had with the 306, they still knew me on the service reception without even telling them who I was :) Its not often you get good report of dealers, but I believe these deserve one :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Haven't used them yet but rang and spoke to a guy named Steve, he sounded ok and quoted me the same £50, there is also a guy on here from Plymouth with pp maps who will read for £20 :)
Don't forget, the £50 diag at Truscotts isn't just a plug in the laptop read the codes, they do that, but will also mechanically diagnose any reported fault all at the same time, for the same £50 - had mine with them for 2-3hrs once, and was still £50, not to mention the 2 or 3 times when its been in for an hour and had no charge at all :nod:
If you're lucky, you might even get the software update at the same time :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
You can't get the updated software.... its on Peugeot central servers in France. When the dealer updates the car, they connect direct with these servers in order to do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts