Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've been having intermittent problems for a while now, but the other day was quite frightening! (getting onto motorway)
If I drive the car quite 'spirited' i.e letting the revs get high under acceleration, then car will go anti-pollution and into 'limp home' about 90% of the time. Usually,next time the car is started, engine light stays on, but normal engine function is resumed. Within the next 3 or 4 days, the engine light goes out of its own accord without having to reset it.
However, car is displaying odd symptoms. lost turbo again whilst cruising at about the motorway speed limit (!), and appearing as if the clutch is slipping (accelerating in 4th/5th revs rise dont go any quicker).
I am hoping any experienced 307 drivers can help. Could it be a simple fuel filter change? or am i looking at a new turbo/clutch/all of the above?
This is the diag taken off planet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1psikj721og95ap/diag.jpg

·
11,731 Posts
When was the filter last changed? I change my every 6000 miles.

And get those glow plugs changed and the relay cleaned or replaced.

And check the fuse for the additive unit, maybe check out the electrical connections on the additive tank too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6000 miles? Ive had the car for 15000 and its defo not been done in that time! :shrug2:
Will do glow plugs as well. Clutch is definitely feeling iffy as well. Hopefully its a slave cyclinder leak and can be replaced?

·
11,731 Posts
There you go then. Do oil and filters every 6000 miles. It might cost you more in servicing but it will save you big bills in the long term.

What's the clutch problem? The DMF is a pain on 110bhp models. If its a 90bhp then it might be the thrust bearing. It all depends on mileage and driving conditions.

D

·
0 Posts
There you go then. Do oil and filters every 6000 miles. It might cost you more in servicing but it will save you big bills in the long term.

What's the clutch problem? The DMF is a pain on 110bhp models. If its a 90bhp then it might be the thrust bearing. It all depends on mileage and driving conditions.
The above oil change interval is good sense. Id agree.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps. I generally do oil and oil filter evry 6000 ish, but for some reason I've never thought to do the fuel filter as part of that! :nono: Will do from now on.

As regards the clutch Gibbo, it is the 110 DV6TED4.
Syptoms are consistent at the moment. 2000ish revs in 4th/5th, accelerate and the clutch slips (my definition of this is that the revs increase to about 3000, car SLOWLY starts to go faster, then the revs drop again as the clutch bites) almost reminds me of acceleration in an automatic.

addition:
driving is mainly rush hour motorway. So some stop-start and cruising.

·
11,731 Posts
but for some reason I've never thought to do the fuel filter as part of that! :nono: Will do from now on.
To be fair not many do. It can sometimes be a pain to change and the manufacturers and Haynes recommend wide intervals. But real world driving and supermarket fuel negates that in my opinion. I just do it because they're cheap and I'm working in the vicinity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As regards the clutch Gibbo, it is the 110 DV6TED4.
Syptoms are consistent at the moment. 2000ish revs in 4th/5th, accelerate and the clutch slips (my definition of this is that the revs increase to about 3000, car SLOWLY starts to go faster, then the revs drop again as the clutch bites) almost reminds me of acceleration in an automatic.

driving is mainly rush hour motorway. So some stop-start and cruising.
Thanks for the advice so far. Any ideas on above?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts