Peugeot Forums banner

"ANTIPOLLUTION FAULTY"

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AlphaSpecOps 
#1 ·
58 Reg. 308S 1.4 petrol. The above message appeared along with engine management light. Car runs fine at all speeds, and message disappears when driving off (but EM light stays on). I'm not sure what this error means and where to look for faults.

I did give it an Italian Tune-up this morning, about 25 minutes of 60-70 mph driving, hoping to burn of particles in the depollution filter, since it hasn't been on long fast journeys for a while due to lockdown restrictions, only short runs to work, about a mile each way.
When I got back I switched off the engine for a minute, then re-started it but the same message re-appeared with the engine management light.

Anyone else had this problem?

Present mileage is 57,893 and the car has been Peugeot Dealer serviced from new.

Any useful tips would be much appreciated, thanks.

#2 ·
I have the same issue but mines a diesel & had 4 new injectors fitted, have tried forced remaps by putting foot down, 3 lots DPF cleaner & still getting the EM light on dash.
Every now & then I get " Risk of Particule filler blocking". The only way to get EM light off is to get a diagnostic reader to read fault & then clear it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I've learned in the past that with modern computerised engine electronics, the only sure way is to have the correct diagnostic equipment find the fault by an experienced technician one can trust to fix the problem.

I've spent (and wasted) too much time in the past trying to investigate these things without success and still needed to enlist the services of a decent garage.

#5 ·
You don't need a garage.

#6 ·
You don't need a garage.

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. I've already booked my car into the local Peugeot dealer who services the car each year and have considered the expense of their charges and also of the cost of buying Planet & Diagbox, which would then incur buying a new laptop as mine is too old to cope.

Also, depending on what fault is discovered, the dealer would probably fix the fault quicker that I would even think about what to do, and maybe not have the correct tools to do it anyway - let alone the skill!

I appreciate your help, nevertheless.

#7 ·
I'm a little late to the party - but for anyone else who is reading this thread and has the 'anti pollution faulty' on a 1.4 petrol - before going to the garage - check you oil level. Low oil will cause this fault. 1.4 uses loads of oil and more quickly than you think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.