Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can somebody tell me where scanner plug in socket is on a 58 reg 308? I'm going to buy a scanner for codes,any recommendations?car has come up saying anti pollution fault ....please help

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
antipollution fault is NOT a fault its a message telling you SOMETHING is wrong that may cause pollution.

Cheap scanner no good you need planet/diagbox as the reasons for an antipollution fault could fill a whole page on here !

Reading codes and fitting a new dongle or thingumybob because the fault says so will rarely work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently have an antipollution fault on my 308 and its been diagnosed by the dealer who had to get a opinion from Peugeot direct on as:
Carbon build up on the valves and a stretched timing chain. Interesting had the same issue just over 2 years ago and got a new timing chain then! expensive stuff so the codes that come with this alarm are not clear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I currently have an antipollution fault on my 308 and its been diagnosed by the dealer who had to get a opinion from Peugeot direct on as:
Carbon build up on the valves and a stretched timing chain. Interesting had the same issue just over 2 years ago and got a new timing chain then! expensive stuff so the codes that come with this alarm are not clear.
need engine fault light out tho as mot due and it's now a fail if it's on

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The light wont go out unless you fix whats wrong !

Computer is not magic you cant just plug it in and fix everything regardless of the fairytales some garages tell.

A computer is a TOOL it helps you find the fault that is causing the issue IF used correctly and will narrow down the possible reasons for any fault it does not tell you whats wrong it merely HELPS you to decide.

·
3,025 Posts
HI..you need to fix whats wrong and thats done by having the codes read properly...it could be anything...from a filter to a failed sensor...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah found that,any recommendations for a cheap code scanner?
I use one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Peugeot-OBD2-EOBD-CAN-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-diagnostic-scan-tool-UK/172375823399?hash=item2822665427:g:udMAAOSwLF1YAhbc:rk:30:pf:0

I'ts not perfect and certainly not as good as the Peugeot Planet kit but on the two occasions I have had antipollution faults come up in 2 years it produced the code which a google search highlighted was a cylinder firing problem and swapping over the coils identified which coil needed replacement.

This was on a 1.6 Vti

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone got or can recommend the small readers that run off of Bluetooth, using an app on their phone? Noticed it was mentioned in other forums but no one advised on an example...saves myself on having to buy an old computer to use the plug/install ones... that time of year and all Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a look here, I bought the PCII @£149 (139 on fleebay) there are cheaper ones for as little as £17 which can remove codes /engine light etc.
My car 2009 308 1.6 hdi.
Web site worth having a look at ,lots of info on "How Too"

Peugeot 308 DIY Guides

1 - 20 of 22 Posts