Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the dreaded Antipollution Fault on the display. The car seems to run fine but with no turbo, so a bit sluggish. Also if it is booted for a bit with the revs around 4000 for any length of time, it engages the rev limiter to 2700 revs.
Checked the receipts that came with the car and it seems that the additional tank thingy was done around 2006. So not sure if that could be the problem.
Since I got the car last August I have had Cambelt changed, Clutch/flywheel changed and new battery if that makes any difference. mileage around 110000 and running smooth otherwise returning around 40 to the gallon urban only.
Any ideas/suggestions (particularly with things I can check myself) would be appreciated.

307 d-turbo 2.0 hdi 51plate

G

·
Hi

To be honest, without pulling the codes from the car, its nearly impossible to guess whats wrong with the car.

That message you have is thrown when (virtually) any error code is generated, so its not really anything to do with what the code shows.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I wasnt expecting a full diagnosis, just a couple of pointers of things I could check myself, before shelling out for a diagnosis.

Cheers for your help anyway.

G

·
Hi

Sorry for a negative reply, but its really not that easy... without codes or data.

I guess your can do a visual inspection of the wiring, check no water ingress anywhere or damage to any cables or connectors - and possibly clean the MAF.

It may be worth getting a cheap code reader as that would probably cost the same as getting a main dealer to retreive the codes for you, or possibly you have a friend that has a code reader?

Do be warned though, that not all readers will work with the Pug, so check that it will before buying.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marmin said:
I have the dreaded Antipollution Fault on the display. The car seems to run fine but with no turbo, so a bit sluggish. Also if it is booted for a bit with the revs around 4000 for any length of time, it engages the rev limiter to 2700 revs.
Checked the receipts that came with the car and it seems that the additional tank thingy was done around 2006. So not sure if that could be the problem.
Since I got the car last August I have had Cambelt changed, Clutch/flywheel changed and new battery if that makes any difference. mileage around 110000 and running smooth otherwise returning around 40 to the gallon urban only.
Any ideas/suggestions (particularly with things I can check myself) would be appreciated.

307 d-turbo 2.0 hdi 51plate
Dont know if anyone is able to help with this, but it exhibited another "symptom" yesterday. The car had done a long run on a hot day, fine, no problems except no turbo and the inability to use high revs without invoking the rev limiter. O the way home going up a big hill used too many revs and limiter kicked in. So I did what I usually do, wait till at lights, turn ignition off, then restart, it resets the rev limiter. This time however, no power at all, no dash lights or anything!!! Got a starter pack after 1/2 hour, connected it and it sparked! (just after the nostart I disconnected the power lead at battery and no spark, therefore assumed the battery dead(but its 2 months old))

two questions if anyone is able to help
1. Could this be the same fault and the no power thing is the engines way of saying "you didnt heed the limiter so heed this!"
2. Could this "symptom" give any further clues to anyone as to what the fault is, the temp guage was normal, water and oil both fine btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts