Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2015 plate car in April in October checking engine hits and bobs and noticed my antifreeze was bone dry not sure for how long but all was fine engine wise , anyway filled it up with water as a temp , had a look yesterday and was at minimum again from max.
Car seems to run fine no warnings anywhere.

what antifreeze would you also recommend for 1.6 308

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I would find where it's leaking from first.
You really should be checking the coolant level at least monthly, ideally weekly.

Any quality antifreeze should be OK. It's the anti-corrosion qualities which matter, untill there is a heavy frost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have been looking for any leaks on ramp on Saturday but can’t find any at all no spots of it coming out so it’s a mystery at the moment

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Tell you motor factor your reg number and they will know which antifreeze you need. But you need to find where the coolant is going and fix it first.
Have the system checked under pressure, my money would be on the water pump, but I won't bet my shirt on it.

Roger.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It is possible you had an air lock which would have dropped the level as it moved to the top of the system.

To check for a leak, top up the rad as best you can with a cold engine. Then start up and warm things up. Any leak would be more obvious as the water expands and forces it out.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
If your coolant is dropping you have an issue and antifreeze tends to find leaks so you should see some evidence of crystalisation near the leak you need to find the leak as the level should not be dropping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a 2015 plate car in April in October checking engine hits and bobs and noticed my antifreeze was bone dry not sure for how long but all was fine engine wise , anyway filled it up with water as a temp , had a look yesterday and was at minimum again from max.

thanks in advance

thanks in advance
Check the water pump or the thermostat elbow part as they may have leakage, I faced the same problem in my 3008 model year 2015

1 - 8 of 8 Posts