Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting the car today, the low coolant warning displayed and then stopped after a few seconds. I looked at the coolant but could not work out how you tell it is the correct level, just a hole with no markings I could see.

Its a 2002 3.0V6. Does anyone know how you check th coolant level on these and how you know when it is on MAX when you top it up. Also, what type of antifreeze does this car take (blue, green or red).

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
alright chief,

All Peugeots have a black resovior and there is no way to tell unlike other cars.. However when you take the cover off you can see MAX just under the grove of the bottle about 3 cm down the neck and also a MIN about 7 cm below that.. very convenient is it not.. lol..

anyhow.. when you open the resovoir cap and once you know where the MAX is you can fill it with the Anti Freeze/Coolant do not put water.

besides that, Its strange how it gave you the warning.. have you investigated any leaks?? yours is a petrol so I would deffo check this as it could lead to failed head gasket.. just watch out mate..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Scotcruz. I will have a look. I will see i I can see any leaks. Its not showing any signs of HG failure but will check.

Do you know what type of antifreeze it takes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts