Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot in my engine mount post, that I discovered a bush in the anti torque link. It was a biatch of a job to locate one, but I finally did from a race component supplier.
I had no idea that there was a separate bush that mounted in the rear mounting. It seems some cars have them and some don't.
I will be fitting it in the morning, and all be well the last vestige of shudder will be gone.
has anyone else had to change theirs or even knew one was there?

October 11, 2017 at 02-51PM.jpg

20171018_164537.jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ho Lee Kow.
It is literally like driving a new car! No exaggeration. Much of the vibration at idle has gone, bar just the faintest hint through the wheel.
I am in awe that a tiny bush/component like that can have such a massive impact on the dynamics.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Were did you source it from? I still get a bit of a knock from time to time.....I suspect the top mounts need changing and that is on the list of things to do. I'll do the bit of plastic pipe on the anti roll bar bush plate hook and the bar on the subframe that the plate hooks over. Ball joints and droplinks were changed ca 6000km ago, so should still be in good shape.....running out of ideas of where to look

The car has a lot less knocks compared to a few weeks ago, but if this sorts it once for all, I'd be really happy :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were did you source it from? I still get a bit of a knock from time to time.....I suspect the top mounts need changing and that is on the list of things to do. I'll do the bit of plastic pipe on the anti roll bar bush plate hook and the bar on the subframe that the plate hooks over. Ball joints and droplinks were changed ca 6000km ago, so should still be in good shape.....running out of ideas of where to look

The car has a lot less knocks compared to a few weeks ago, but if this sorts it once for all, I'd be really happy :)
Engine Mounting
It is the only place I could find one.
They are something to do with racing parts. I have spoken to them on the phone. Very knowledgeable and interesting.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give them a call.
I believe the guy I spoke to is Ken. He is a really decent person, very helpful.
They might be only temporarily out of stock.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Give them a call.
I believe the guy I spoke to is Ken. He is a really decent person, very helpful.
They might be only temporarily out of stock.
I ordered one first thing. I had to take the firms car in to have the tyres swapped over, the dealer is a few mins walk from the tyre centre and so I ordered it then. TBH, once the postage is factored in to Belgium, the difference would be so much :)

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered one first thing. I had to take the firms car in to have the tyres swapped over, the dealer is a few mins walk from the tyre centre and so I ordered it then. TBH, once the postage is factored in to Belgium, the difference would be so much :)
I paid a shade over £23 all in.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I paid a shade over £23 all in.
postage to Belgium can easily add another 15 to 20 notes onto the price. Normally try and get things when I know folks are coming to visit to keep things reasonable......like the adjustable ramps I want my mum to bring over at Chrsitmas :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
postage to Belgium can easily add another 15 to 20 notes onto the price. Normally try and get things when I know folks are coming to visit to keep things reasonable......like the adjustable ramps I want my mum to bring over at Chrsitmas :D
Ahhhh. I failed to note that you were in Belgium. My apologies.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Changed it...agree, the car drives better. Took it over a lumpy cobbled road and the car felt pretty tight and solid. The residual shaking that I had after doing the bottom mount has gone.....

It's a good improvement and I would recommend anyone doing their bottom mount to think about doing the link at the same time :thumb: It may address some of the complaints that some had after swapping to a powerflex mount

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am glad you have found a difference too. It shows that it was not just a placebo effect on me, thinking it was better just because I thought it should.
Even though all my engine mounts were destroyed, and replacing them made a difference, I think the anti torque link being changed made a bigger difference to the way the car feels.
It is as smooth as butter (apart from the odd juddering that is systematic of solid flywheels when pulling off with too low rpm). Not bad for a part I did not know existed really.

The next job is lined up now,,,

20171103_140446.jpg

I think that when the rear bushes are done, and I am able to locate a beefier ARB and replace it with more Powerflex bushes, that will be all the things I wanted to do sorted.
t will then just be regular maintenance from then, keeping on top of things.
My car is transformed from what it was a year ago, with almost every replaceable part replaced, with lots of modifications as well.
All being well, it is on the road to another 14 years of motoring. It has turned out to be such a reliable car (tempting providence, I know) that it is a keeper long term. I have spent a lot on it, but not as much as a new car would have cost. There is not way I can buy another car, so this has to last so I have lavished it with everything it needs and then some, and now it it drives as good as, if not better than new.
Considering up until relatively recently, a Peugeot was not even on my radar as a car I would own, I am a convert, and I love my little 307.
I have even done some bodywork, pulling out (not finished yet though) a dent I caused when a lamp post outside my house pulled out on me when I was parking outside my house. I have bought a load of Paintless Dent removal kit, from slide hammers, to bridges, to bodywork hammers etc. When I feel confident with it, I a, going to do bits and bobs from my friends too. I have a queue waiting lol.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Every car I've owned personally has been from PSA, starting with a Citroen AX and they have all been reliable with the right care. They have certainly been more reliable than the company E class Mercs I've had, all 3 have had issues that I think new cars shouldn't have....

I was going to trade in the 307 when I bought my wife's 208 GTI, but the money they offered me was crap and so I decided to keep it as it still has utility value and save 208 from getting trashed and is used as her fun car. I've had the 307 from new and it get used daily and is a bit of a hobby car. For it's age, it is in good condition with minimal issues over that time. The cobbles over here meant that all the rubbers went at essentially the same time and I have chased the usual squeaks and knocks....I see no reason to get rid of it :)

Let me know how those rea bushes work out. Mine are okayish but will need doing. As I said in another thread, I get nervous when doing some jobs once there is a point of no return, but given that I can affoard for it to be off the road for a few days, I'm interested in doing it.....maybe over the Christmas period...I'm lucky enough to have a good sized warm dry garage that I can work in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts