Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Since yesterday the car won't start and the electronic anti-theft faulty message comes up. Doors and windows are working fine.
If you need further info, just shout.

Thanks in advance
Mandy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything happen to car ?
Nothing happened recently.
Had the clutch and thrust baern replaced 3 months ago (clutsh went) and needed a new coil pack (anti depollution failure, had it put on diagnostics and came up as that). Other then that we replaced the batteries in the fob 2 months ago.
Car was driving fine, no bother, till yesterday morning. Tried to start it again in afternoon but no luck.

hope we'll get it sorted, moving to northern Ireland soon ;)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
See if you`re anywhere near a member that has Peugeot Diagnostics so they can plug it in and look for faults ,

Moving over here WHY ?????????????????

·
5,827 Posts
A simple check to see if key is detected (can highlight transponder coil fault which is common) is to turn on Ignition wait about 15 secs switch off and leave key in Ign then open drivers door if you don't get the chime to remind you key is still in Ign then key is not being detected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See if you`re anywhere near a member that has Peugeot Diagnostics so they can plug it in and look for faults ,

Moving over here WHY ?????????????????
I've checked the list yesterday already, unfortunately the closed on it is approx 44 miles away.

I'm starting a job in January :)

A simple check to see if key is detected (can highlight transponder coil fault which is common) is to turn on Ignition wait about 15 secs switch off and leave key in Ign then open drivers door if you don't get the chime to remind you key is still in Ign then key is not being detected.
Thanks for the tip, just tried it and seams that the key isn't recognized. Just looking for the spare key to make sure it's not the key itself.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
This is an old thread but windy had posted a good tip. Bit late for my purpose but i'll check out the old parts asap. Bet that was our trouble all along. Was abroad so unable to check it at the time. Now I dont have my tools aghhh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts