Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i did just change the battery in my key and have an peugeot 407 2005. At the moment when im putting the key into the ignition i get faulty key message, anti-theft. And the immobilizer kicks in. After a few tries the car starts. I went to the peugeot dealer and they said a new key including programming is 200$.

I have already put a lot of money into the car and im in the learing process so actually i dont mind this thing is happening.

I think 200$ is expensive so i started to look for a tool to program myself, this isn't the last time in my life this happens, i think. I saw obdstar -100 pro for 350$ that is compatible with most veichles and ask the support about it, they said i need to know the bsi etc, starting to feel like deep water.

Does anyone have any idea of what i can do, to fix this myself. I hate give money for something that "anyone" can do with the right tool.

And i have two keys but the other one didnt work when i bought the car, probably the same thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you re-sync the key after changing the battery, as per the manual?
Yes i did. Did not work, that "command" is to get the remote working, like door lock etc the thing that uses the battery.

This problem is with the immobilizer, the transponder chip.. the copper thing that acts magnetic, not electric.

is there anyone on this forum who have used an auto key program product, like obdstar,with immo? The problem isnt to find the product just to to get the right one. There is one thats for peugeot and citroen but they are about 150 dollars

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Later keys can get weak and the code reader round the barrel does not see them properly

Try removing the board from the key and holding it close to the ignition with key in if it reads it better when its closer to switch then it is most likely a weak key

1 - 4 of 4 Posts