Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to replace my Anti Roll bar bushes as I'm getting a knocking noise over bumps on the drivers side and I replaced the roll bar drop links last year so I'm guessing the bushes are now knackered

Just wanted to know if the bolt holding the clamp on is a torx bolt and if so does anybody know what size it is

Many thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
That my friend is a Torx Bolt.
I purchased a Draper set of Torx sockets when I had my 407 for the infamous ball joints on the 407 have these type of bolts securing the ball joint to the hub.
Seemingly another new concept for us DIY mechanics to go out and buy more Tools not sure on size tho it could be any of 3 sizes.
Whereas normal Torx screws are identified via TX sizing e.g TX40 etc etc the sockets have a different prefix code VE.
Looking at the picture its either a VE18 VE20 or VE22 I have a full set of these made by Draper in the Draper Expert Range starting from the smallest VE4 - VE24
Hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Andy, thats exactly the info I'm after :thumb:

Right better start looking for a torx socket set then and order a couple of bushes

Jay

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update

Changed my ARB bushes at the weekend. Those Torx bolts are a socket size E16 for anyone looking to do it and was able to do them without removing the ABR struts (replaced them in Aug 2010)

Still getting the clunking though over bumps (but not so bad) so was thinking if the ABR struts need replacing again? Heard reports that they don't last very long (especially as I didn't do the bushes at the same time)

Does anyone else have any idea's whats the next thing to consider replacing/checking to cure the noise e.g Lower arm Balljoint, Strut ? :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Worth looking at strut top bearing before venturing into expensive wishbone territory... both of mine have gone in the last year (at around 130k miles)... distinctive clunk going over bumps, cheap part and job to do (my local garage charged me £80 parts and fitting)....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same trouble

Does this nut on the anti roll bar clamp come all the way off ? because I have been turning it for what seems like an eternity and it wont loosen off fully
Can anyone recommend what to do in this case please?

I've undid the bolts but can't undo them fully?

Any ideas on how to remove them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bolts

On my 2001 206 1.6, the E16 Torx bolts had an 18mm nut on the end (above the subframe but easy to access with a flat spanner) - the book says to renew these nuts but I just Loctited them.

I changed the bushes in less than 20 minutes, using car ramps and without disconnecting the link rods. Completely eliminated the suspension noise.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I did read on a French forum that there can still be some clunking from the ARB even after changing the bushes and that greasing the lip of the holding plate / retaining bar on the subframe can help to resolve the issue of clinching after changing the bushes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts