Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... New to this so please bear with me.... 207 07 plate approx 59k on the clock.. had the car for about a year was running fine no issues... Iv been struggling for bout 6 weeks with the anti pollution coming on the dash.. then car does not seem to run all that smooth .this seems to happen when fuel is getting low... petrol btw was on today just happened to put fresh fuel in and warning had disappeared.. and not a car person so any help would be super I'm in pe28 area if anyone can help that would be great

Thanks in advanced
Mike

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Just to clear 1 point up the antipollution message is coming on BECAUSE the engine is not running right not the other way round.

ECU sees an issue before you notice it and puts the antipollution message up to warn you

Antipollution is not the problem the rough running is the problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I also have this problem.
I?ve had a new coil pack, front and rear sensors, new spark plugs and battery. No joy - Anti Pollution fault clears for about a week then reappears ?
The car is now running pretty badly. Stuttering when pulling off and intermittent loss of power (this can happen even when the engine is warm)
I?ve consulted many forums, 2 mechanics and still no answers.
I?m at the end of my tether with this. The car will have to go as I can?t rely on it to pull out in front of oncoming traffic. I dread someone giving way to me in case I just chug slowly out ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like a big issues and also seems no can got a answer to sort it out.. Seems like it's try this and that and still no joy! Also seems like u need a open cheque book grrr

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No thats not true you need someone who KNOWS what they are doing and the engine

Different engines do it for different reasons there is no 1 fix for this general message as thats all it is a message NOT a fault

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not done anything to it yet hopping for ideas as I said not a car person... fuel filter? Iv tired putting fuel treatment

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fuel filter would only be relevant if it were a diesel but since you omited crucial info your going to get unnecessary suggestions.

Petrols dont have filters engine size and type would be useful too

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
have either of u actually had the fault codes read to find out the exact issue?

anti pollution is a generic message saying something is wrong with the car/engine.

worst thing you can do is start changing parts cause someone on a forum or google said that's what cured there anti pollution message.

9/10 times you would be replacing working parts on the hope it cures whatever issue you have, and your throwing money away on it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Generic code readers are dangerous in the wrong hands, especially when dealing with peugeots. They can get the unwary, inexperienced person to go on an expensive part-replacing frenzy with no successful end result.

You should, as far as is possible, get issues diagnosed with peugeot-specific diagnostic gear [i.e. PP2000/Diagbox], firstly reading stored error codes and noting the whole code and description down, then clear the codes, take the car for a drive and re-read the error codes to see which have returned and any new ones. It is also vital do get live readings for all running/performance related issues as there are quite a few issues that will not trigger a fault code, but can affect running severely... lack of vacuum due to split vacuum pipes is one that springs to mind.

No vacuum will prevent the turbo from spooling up, this will result in no power and the infamous 'depollution error'. It will also throw faults like oxygen sensor faulty, whereas the sensor is not in fact faulty, but is being thrown out of kilter by the lack of boost and overfuelling which throws it's readings so far out of spec that the ECU assumes it is faulty and posts a code...

It needs a skilled person to read between the lines in many faults, using both error codes and live readings. Your average spare-parts fitter will just make your wallet very much lighter with no solution to your problem as they will just focus on error codes.

You need to seek out workshops that have Peugeot-specific diagnostic equipment and have skilled mechanics to operate the equipment if you dont want to go down a miserable costly path.. the fact that your garage has "hooked it up to a ?device? several times ?", and you still have an issue, speaks volumes unfortunately. Try contacting a member on this forum who is on the planet map and can do some diagnosis for you. Link... http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Those all have to do with misfiring. This can be caused by a large number of things.. spark plugs, coils, crank/cam sensors, injectors, fuel pressure/supply, wiring, ecu etc.. you need LIVE data.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts