Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spoke too soon , on my way back home my 2 litre 407 hdi went into limp home mode and anti pollution warning came up on th edash and it will not rev , i reset it with my hand held but it comes up only if i gun it , if i drive as normal no issues whatso ever , anyhelp will be gratefully recieved , i think i may have bought a pup!:eek:

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Anti pollution is a generic fault for all sorts of issues if its only coming on when you gun it then the ecu is not liking the boost level or airflow and cutting power to protect the engine.

It could be a lot of different things it really needs a proper diagnostic with planet don't scrub faults till they are read.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
codes

i have been out and the same code comes back each time o88 i think , i will leave it and its off the the main dealers down the road then , i can feel the wallet burning up already, :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i didnt bother as i live in blairgowrie and it is unlikely anyone ever heard of it , i live a 50 mile round trip to the nearest town of any size and thats perth , i will amend asap, thanks :nod:

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Im in Falkirk and I think there is someone in perth you will find that any decent garage that is not of the Gucci variety will have planet as it saves so much time using proper equipment that most have a lot of it !!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have had this problem before, I can tell you that you need to take the cat of and clear it out, jet wash it and leave it to dry. You also need to change the cat sensor for the temperature and you need to do a force regen to clear the cat/fault then putting it on diag or pp to clear the faults and you should be sorted. Hope it helps Craig

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
11,787 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clearing codes does NOT fix the problem. Why do people insist on just clearing the codes without listening to what the car is desperately trying to tell them.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/
thing is any garage i have been at in my whole life clear the code then say run it and if it comes back we will act on it , i cleared the code and the next time i gunned the car it went into limp home mode and the same code has returned , i have not driven the car since , i have no idea what is wrong with it , it is a 2007 model with only just over 100,000 miles , it drives perfectly fine until i gun it to say overtake another car then it is like hitting a wall , it is in fact dangerous to drive at the moment to be honest so i am not , i live in the country there is a main dealer not so very far away but at £70 per hour and they could be hours trying to find the fault i am reluctant to take the chance ,it is no wonder people clear codes if it makes their vehicle driveable again and i can understand why , if you do not have the technological know how and you are short of cash and need the car to say go to work it has to be understandable ,knowledge is a great thing to have and to be in the trade is even better but if you are at the mercy of a dealership it is very daunting

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had similar issue last week - but decided to drive it like an old lady. Prob went away after a few days - although I'm still driving it with a feathery right foot...

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Clearing the fault code does not make the car driveable again. All it does is clear the log of the fault. If the stop / eml is lit then the ecu will be trying to protect the car by limiting the performance. Clearing the faults and turning off the stop / eml warnings instruct the ecu that everything has been repaired so the ecu no longer tries to protect the car UNTIL the fault occurs again.

A lot of faults only happen under certain conditions which is why the car can run fine for quite some time after clearing the faults and turning off the eml light before it inevitably comes back. The only thing that gets the car running correctly again is diagnosing the fault then repairing the cause of the faults.

Some people are quite happy to keep clearing the faults with their £20 ebay special OBDII reader thinking they have fixed the car but in the long run will probably end up with a large repair bill or a hunk of scrap because they ignored the warnings the car was giving out.

Have a day out and take the car to someone who can run a diagnostic and give you a comprehensive report on the issues that have been logged. The money you save by meeting up with a member rather than going to the main dealer will more than cover the fuel costs and if you drive the car carefully, shouldn't have any scary moments on the journey.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Clearing the fault code does not make the car driveable again. All it does is clear the log of the fault. If the stop / eml is lit then the ecu will be trying to protect the car by limiting the performance. Clearing the faults and turning off the stop / eml warnings instruct the ecu that everything has been repaired so the ecu no longer tries to protect the car UNTIL the fault occurs again.

A lot of faults only happen under certain conditions which is why the car can run fine for quite some time after clearing the faults and turning off the eml light before it inevitably comes back. The only thing that gets the car running correctly again is diagnosing the fault then repairing the cause of the faults.

Some people are quite happy to keep clearing the faults with their £20 ebay special OBDII reader thinking they have fixed the car but in the long run will probably end up with a large repair bill or a hunk of scrap because they ignored the warnings the car was giving out.

Have a day out and take the car to someone who can run a diagnostic and give you a comprehensive report on the issues that have been logged. The money you save by meeting up with a member rather than going to the main dealer will more than cover the fuel costs and if you drive the car carefully, shouldn't have any scary moments on the journey.
i understand where you are coming from and mine is going to the main dealer tommorow as as i said i live in a remote part of the country and i have no choice ,here is my prediction , i spend a hundred or two pounds to be told they will need it back for further investigation , the eml and warning is on , i havent reset it ,they will then have it back for a few days and it will be returned to me ok and i will have it a few days and the issue will return , i will end up with a hefty bill and no further forward , please watch this space , i will take a copy of any reports and stick them up for all to see , if in the unlikely event i am wrong and they fix the car for a reasonable sum i will eat a macdonalds ( iam 60 )and my prophecy is the particulate filter is goosed i await tomorrow with baited breath

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i understand where you are coming from and mine is going to the main dealer tommorow as as i said i live in a remote part of the country and i have no choice ,here is my prediction , i spend a hundred or two pounds to be told they will need it back for further investigation , the eml and warning is on , i havent reset it ,they will then have it back for a few days and it will be returned to me ok and i will have it a few days and the issue will return , i will end up with a hefty bill and no further forward , please watch this space , i will take a copy of any reports and stick them up for all to see , if in the unlikely event i am wrong and they fix the car for a reasonable sum i will eat a macdonalds ( iam 60 )and my prophecy is the particulate filter is goosed i await tomorrow with baited breath
Well it looks like I am safe from a macdonalds , car with main dealer and THEY CLEARED THE CODES , told me to drive it and if it came back they would look further into the issue , i am now officially a prophet, it has to go back on monday as i didnt get out of the yard before it came back on when i gunned it to get out of the ramp, i really despair , i knew it would happen and i am now going to get into a big bill , i have no choice in the matter and i am so hacked off

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
presumabley, the code they cleared is the fault. as if it only has this issue, it will log it everytime it occurs after it has been cleared. ask them what the code was, or if your obd scanner is reliable. retrieve the code and google it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
code

Hi,it threw up 2 codes , P0088/P1165 , i tried to google them but it seems there are several results so it looks like it goes back monday ,anyone got a match?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi,it threw up 2 codes , P0088/P1165 , i tried to google them but it seems there are several results so it looks like it goes back monday ,anyone got a match?
P0088 Regulation of diesel high pressure
P1165 SID 803 - Fuel Pressure signal. Pressure change coherence.

When was the fuel filter last changed?

I would start there. £20-£30 from a parts supplier and a simple job to fit.

C

·
0 Posts
Agree try fuel filter cheap and easy to do.

@waynebrown I'll do your servicing if your happy to pay that for fuel filter:lol:
£10.80 @ gsf for a purlux one.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
We get genuine pug ones for less than £10 !!

Those fault codes sound like the pump is not managing the fuel flow under load I agree filter first especially if you do not know when it was last changed.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Agree try fuel filter cheap and easy to do.

@waynebrown I'll do your servicing if your happy to pay that for fuel filter:lol:
£10.80 @ gsf for a purlux one.
I was just guessing at the price assuming the 2lt was the same as the 1.6 (which are 20-30 quid and more)

Very cheap fix indeed then if it cures it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts