1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
I'm after some much needed advice.
I have a 207 1.6hdi
I have only had the car 4 months, bought it privately. A few weeks after I bought it, the car started coming up with a anti pollution system faulty msg on the display, it cuts out and rolls to a stop but would restart and would carry on like nothing has happened.
It's now doing it more often..
It now does a very noticeable jolt and then the anti pollution comes up with the engine management light on... only yesterday I also lost power, the car would not go above 60 and took a while to even get to 60 having my foot to the floor on the dual, it doesn't always cut out if I manage to pull off the road before giving it chance to do so. It has been into my local garage and they have changed to fuel filter and cleaned the fuel regulator and made no change. I did wonder if the dpf is blocked but was told the car wouldn't run at all if that was the case. I am running out of patience with it so could really do with some help.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It could be many things but without diagnostic readings AND dpf system readings its all guesswork

You would be best to get some readings from it to at least have some form of starting point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for your reply..
I forgot to mention that I have also had a diagnostic readings done while the car is standing still and live data while it's being driven. It's came up with several codes, one was p1166 fuel system and the main one which keeps coming up is a preheater relay which apparently wouldn't cause the car to cut out. Thanks for you advice

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Thats not much use cant see the screen but if that top one says fuel pressure too high or low thats your cutting out issue could be caused by a bad injector but as i say could be many things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Sorry about that... Yeah came up with fuel pressure to high. Maybe worth having the injectors checked then. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts