Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hoping someone can hel or shed some light
I have a Peugeot 207 cc 58 plate 1.6 petrol, the dreaded anti pollution light has come on, I have changed coil pack sensors solenoid sensors camshaft sensors serviced it and the light still comes on anybody of any ideas what else it could be? Goes into limp mode intermittently not always then drives fine then goes again?
Thank you

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi you need to get the codes read by someone with Peugeot planet software. Use the map on this forum to find someone in your area. Don't spend any money on more parts until you do this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a diagnostic done it was code P11A8 and a few others can't remember them all but I remember that one

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you had the chain tensioner checked? Is it a garage that have advised you to change these parts? What are they saying now that it hasn't cured the problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not had that done was hoping I could avoid anything to do with the timing chain as that's when it gets expensive ☹ and it's just the same problem goes into limp mode occasionally then works fine again then goes into limp mode

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try you
Hi hoping someone can hel or shed some light
I have a Peugeot 207 cc 58 plate 1.6 petrol, the dreaded anti pollution light has come on, I have changed coil pack sensors solenoid sensors camshaft sensors serviced it and the light still comes on anybody of any ideas what else it could be? Goes into limp mode intermittently not always then drives fine then goes again?
Thank you
hey what does the car drive like and is the car not pumping fuel properly if so try the lambda sensor xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It drives well then will drive sluggish and slow like it's not firing properly I have tried the v power fuel to see if it's better which it was slightly but still the same problem

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sounds timing related, so you changed the exhaust solenoid valve?
Swapping the chain tensioner isnt a big job and its what i would try next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So just took it out and thrashed it a little in 4th no engine management light, slightly goes into limp mode plug diagnostics in and it has the same error code P11A8 no other code just that one

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
why do people continue to throw money at this generic message ?

get the exact fault codes read and then people can actually help those having issues.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If the engine sounds strange like blowing and power is lost low down it will be timing, solenoid is not a sensor it is a valve, have you changed it? as ADS says more codes needed but this valve causes loads of problems and cam codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Solenoid valve has been changed and the camshaft sensor has been changed there is no other codes coming up it is only the P11A8

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I know but I've changed everything it could be so wanted to know if anyone else has any suggestions....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts