Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm a newbe here on the Peugeot Forum, I aquired my Peugeot 406 HDI a couple of weeks ago, the lady owner had spent over £900 during the two years she owned it but never had it serviced or had never carried out any checks or maintenace. There wasn't an oil dip stick and so I got one via ebay, I was shocked when I put the dip in the engine all there was on the stick was a lumpy sludge.
I have changed the oil and filter the air filter, pollen filter with no problems but today i replaced the fuel filter started the engine and up popped the engine light and Anti-Pollution fault on the read out screen, the engine runs on a few seconds after I switch off and the engine cuts out if I go over 2000 RPM.
Would appreciate some help or advice please, I've checked to see if I've disturbed any connections near the fuel filter but found nothing obvious.
Best Regards
John

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You probably spilt diesel on the fuel pump connections pull them off and clean them that may be all that's needed.

Other possibility is a cracked filter housing as they can be hard to open and its now drawing air

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were right reliable406 I can see two cracks on the lid of the housing, can't see any on the body of the housing. I have looked for a replacement on ebay, no luck so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts