Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there everyone,

Yesterday I took my car (2005 Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI, Diesel) to a garage to get the Diesel Additive Refilled and everything cleaned out etc with the DPF filter as I was getting two messages coming up on my display - one saying Diesel Additive Minimum Level, and the other saying Anti Pollution Fault.

Since yesterday everything seemed fine, no more warnings or EML lights etc... but then again today whilst overtaking another vehicle I get the same message "Anti Pollution Fault" coming up, and the EML light is now illuminated.

I was travelling around 25 miles to my destination, with another 25 to go back home in an attempt to help give the engine a good "blow out" to clear what might have caused the issues before when I had this issue before it was "fixed".

I'm wondering what this could be, I've had the car for just over a month now and already spent quite a bit of money, with 4 new tyres, anti-roll linkage and the Diesel Additive being done. I've booked it in for a Full Service later this week which I'm hoping might help things run a little smoother and take care of the car, but in the meantime has anyone else had this problem before?

If so, what could it be and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Yorkie

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
hi there welcome :)

what car is it?

the minimum light comes on with time not level as it cant physically tell

best way is to get it on peugeot planet diagnostics. if its not regenerating a service wont help. a car will feel better with maintenance though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there welcome :)

what car is it?

the minimum light comes on with time not level as it cant physically tell

best way is to get it on peugeot planet diagnostics. if its not regenerating a service wont help. a car will feel better with maintenance though
Hi Monty9120, sorry it's a Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI (2005), literally just yesterday the garage "fixed" things and took it for a test drive etc... I'm hoping I don't have to spend too much more cash on the car as it'll turn out more expensive than the car! lol

Would you recommend getting in touch directly with Peugeot themselves or is it more cost effective to use the Peugeot Planet Diagnostics myself?

Thanks!
Yorkie

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi there everyone,

whilst overtaking another vehicle I get the same message "Anti Pollution Fault" coming up, and the EML light is now illuminated.

Yorkie
I've found that most errors can cause the anti pollution warning on dash so as monty and gibbo suggested, find somone in your area using the map who has peugeot planet and can check any error codes you have who may only charge you the cost of their fuel.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
In Peugeot language "Anti-Pollution fault" means some kind of engine fault but we don't want to tell you what it is because 1. We want you to go to the dealers and get stung and still not fixing it or 2. Even we don't know so the generic warning will do!

·
11,780 Posts
Its probably more to do with a lack of memory in the car's ECU to store every fault message. That's why you only get three bongs and no warning when the coolant is low!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts