Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought a 307 hatchback 2005 2.0HDi two weeks ago from what I thought were genuine people but on the way home down the motorway the anti pollution fault and engine management light came :(

It's very strange because the car doesn't go into limp mode and it drives like normal and after turning the car on and off a couple of times the anti pollution fault and engine management light go off but then if I accelerate hard or go on the motorway they come back on.

I've tried to plug my diagnostics machine in but it won't pick the car which is strange because it's always worked in every car I've had and it makes me think maybe there is something wrong with the port?

I brought a second hand DPF which looked a lot cleaner than mine and the company told me that the car it came off was running perfectly fine. I disconnected the battery before I fitted in the hope that the light would go off and reset it ready for when I put the new DPF on. I fitted the new DPF yesterday (6 hours it took to replace) and turned the car on to find the lights were off but as soon as I took it down the dual carriage way the lights come back on.

I've also drove it down the motor way in 4 gear for a couple of miles and drove it round town in 3rd gear for around half an hour but the lights are still coming on :(

I know questions have been asked about anti pollution faults before but I really wanted to describe my symptoms in the hope someone will might know exactly whats wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys, does anyone know what could be wrong with my car from the symptoms I have described?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi i had same problem with my car.
It turned out to be a split hose that comes from a secondary air injection pump that is fitted next to the auxiliary drive belt. Just trace the the hose and check it also check the pump to as it should come on from a cold start then go off when engine is warm.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
350 Posts
PP2000 Lexia 3 Diagnostic Interface Scan Tool Diagbox V7.65 for Peugeot Citroen | eBay

£50 for all leads including extras for old cars and 12v charging.

You can also download PP software for free from peugeot planet because a lot of people have issues with certain versions of software. I downloaded my brother's software for free and ran it through a virtual machine on XP inside windows 7. His leads are genuine Peugeot though but they all do the same thing. It's the software that is important. A lead is a lead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
£50 for all leads including extras for old cars and 12v charging.

You can also download PP software for free from peugeot planet because a lot of people have issues with certain versions of software. I downloaded my brother's software for free and ran it through a virtual machine on XP inside windows 7. His leads are genuine Peugeot though but they all do the same thing. It's the software that is important. A lead is a lead.
Do you know which lead it is out of the ones you just sent so I can try and find just the one lead I need?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi i had same problem with my car.
It turned out to be a split hose that comes from a secondary air injection pump that is fitted next to the auxiliary drive belt. Just trace the the hose and check it also check the pump to as it should come on from a cold start then go off when engine is warm.
Hope that helps.
Do you have a picture of what the hose looks like?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes but in that picture it's in 3 parts that fit together, the bottom left picture with the "Green" plug is for the OBD2 port on your car. The top left one it clicks in to is your interface/decoder/translator for the signal input I guess(not been using planet long) and finally the little VGA looking cable to Usb to the right of the first one(bottom middle) goes from the interface into the PC. So what you are looking for are just those 3 sections. If you shop around you should find just that assembly for around £30. In the mean time I will try and find one for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes but in that picture it's in 3 parts that fit together, the bottom left picture with the "Green" plug is for the OBD2 port on your car. The top left one it clicks in to is your interface/decoder/translator for the signal input I guess(not been using planet long) and finally the little VGA looking cable to Usb to the right of the first one(bottom middle) goes from the interface into the PC. So what you are looking for are just those 3 sections. If you shop around you should find just that assembly for around £30. In the mean time I will try and find one for you.
Thanks I will have a think about

1 - 19 of 19 Posts