Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Pollution Fault

91K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Gibbo 
#1 ·
Good Evening,

I have a Peugeot 307s 05plate Petrol.

Got in my car earlier started the engine and it displayed "Anti Pollution Fault". The car still drives perfectly with no loss of power nor other random electronic faults.

I have been googling this issue but it only comes back with issues for a diesel 307 (frankly I'm quite glad I dont have a diesel, it looks expensive).

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions for the fault?

#7 ·
I think some idiot at peugeot, who was given the job to think of fault names got bored. He was left with a list of things to write names for and thought, 'I wanna be in the pub, I don't wanna be here... I know, I'll call all these faults Anti Pollution Fault! Then we can make more money cause then they can bring their cars in for diagnosis. CRACKER!'.

#9 ·
I also had the same on my 307 petrol,it turned out to be a dodgy o2 sensor,but drove around fine,i found that supermarket fuel made it happen more,so over the months i tried just shell and other branded fuel and the problem almost went away completely.swapped out the second o2 sensor and problem cured,but like Betty says you need to get it read by someone with planet. :thumb:

#10 ·
Hi. I only recently joined the forum recently, and its been very useful, some really knowledgable people on here, who have stopped me ripping my hair out!!! i have suffered the "antipollution system fault" sporadically for about a year now, but only since we had the extreme cold winter. Coincidence? You decide. I knew of a Peugeot tech in Stourbridge, west mids, at the Pug Shop, called him yesterday, and he did a diagnostic with Planet. It turned out that it showed "glow plugs open circuit", and "fuel pressure below reference value" Fault codes then cleared all for a charge of £25.
Simple fix, replace glow plugs and fuel filter! Cost? £170 all in!!! Paul said the FAP was ok, and at least 12,000 miles of Eolys left. I didnt realise the 1.6 HDi glow plugs assisted in the regen process. Could the cold weather we had (-14 in Kiddeminster several days) wreck the glow plugs? Im a happy bunny now, avoid dealers if you can, as an independant, or advice on here will save ££££s. Ian

#12 ·
antipollution peugeot 307

hi im having trouble my car antipollution fault came on minutes after filling up at Tesco two months ago and stay since a pal of mine put diagnostics machine on the code said glow plugs and exaust checked exaust nothing sometimes a big sluggish can glow plug have anything do do with this fault

#15 ·
hi im having trouble my car antipollution fault came on minutes after filling up at Tesco two months ago and stay since a pal of mine put diagnostics machine on the code said glow plugs and exaust checked exaust nothing sometimes a big sluggish can glow plug have anything do do with this fault
Glow plugs are only used for regenerating the DPF and starting in extremely cold temperatures around -8 c or thereabouts. If the DPF needs regenerating but the regen is failing then yes it could well be the glowplugs. However the error message can be used as a catch all message for things faults that do not have specific error messages programmed into the software. It also depends on which diagnostic machine is used. A lot of diagnostics equipment doesn't work well with Peugeot cars so needs to be hooked up to Diagbox and read the live data as well as the fault codes.

Hi, I have a Peugeot 308, it recently started showing Anti pollution fault and the car suddenly loses its power. I'm not able to take the car out anymore as I'm scared it may stop on the road somewhere. Can you please let me know what needs to be fixed? I see you mentioned O2 sensor, where can I get one? How much it costs to replace O2 sensor?
As my reply to the one above. Without a diagnostic you could be throwing parts at the car without resolving the issue. Just because one person with this fault has an O2 sensor faulty causing the issue it doesn't necessarily mean it is what is causing your problem. Is it a diesel or petrol engine ? What size is the engine and how many BHP? Different engines can have totally different causes for what appears to be the same problem.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ntact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/#post459593

#13 ·
Hi, I have a Peugeot 308, it recently started showing Anti pollution fault and the car suddenly loses its power. I'm not able to take the car out anymore as I'm scared it may stop on the road somewhere. Can you please let me know what needs to be fixed? I see you mentioned O2 sensor, where can I get one? How much it costs to replace O2 sensor?

#16 ·
Last year July I had the same problem then we got the diagnosis done. Attached pics of the codes we got. Once we did reset the codes all disappeared and only imap sensor came up. Then I bought an imap sensor online. Tried to find the spot where this goes, couldn't find anything so left it. In this exercise this problem disappeared. Now it started showing again. Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

#20 ·
Peugeot 307 anti-pollution fault

My 2004 Peugeot 307, 1.6, Petrol has had this fault twice. The first time my car shuddered and lost power. After 2 days of this getting steadily worse, I drove it to the mechanic and it stalled on the way. Mechanic 'fixed' it, but 2 months later it overheated and blew the head gasket. $$$$$$$
It's now showing the fault again.
I'm too afraid to put Shell V-tech in the tank and drive it on the highway, as suggested on other forums.

Any advise??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.