Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2.0 ltr diesel 52 plate 307 pug has recently developed the 'dreaded' anti pollution fault. Happened 3 times since i've owned the car- the first time the car had been sat on a dusty road un used for a few days and my partner stalled it on first start up it then started flashing anti pollution fault, turned the engine off and restarted it, no problem didnt see the fault for a few months until i had a heavy load in the car and stalled the car it flashed up again, turned the engine off no problems drove the 80 mile trip home. Few days later i was driving along and it flashed up randomly, then the fun began pulled over and turned engine off- but this time it remained. I did have a heavy load and 4 people in the car as i was driving on holiday. Car became very slugglish refusing to do above 40/50 mph and the sight of a hill killed what power i did have (not v good when on a motorway) i drove the car to the nearest stop, turned the engine off for a while and put some redex in the engine and checked air filter (partner's google advise) and hey presto car has worked ever since even in rain/heavy loads etc. This this a problem worth seeing peugeot about or any idea what could be causing the random flashes of the fault? When checking my air filter we have noticed that the outlet pipe is not attached to anything could this be causing it? Also the air intake sensor looks like the middle green cable has snapped off. I have been already advised that the cable not being attached and sensor having a cable missing is not a big deal just service it when i can. :S

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

·
11,821 Posts
When checking my air filter we have noticed that the outlet pipe is not attached to anything could this be causing it?

Also the air intake sensor looks like the middle green cable has snapped off. I have been already advised that the cable not being attached and sensor having a cable missing is not a big deal just service it when i can. :S
Possibly. Any leak in the air system will cause the car to be sluggish.

The "air intake sensor", may be the electrical connector for the Mass Air Flow sensor. If that's broken you'll definitely be having issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts